SASS Wire Forum

Shoutout to the Texican Rangers

Yep, once again Comancheria Days, the annual match put on by the Texican Rangers, was a huge success.  Congrats go out to Top Cowgirl Panhandle Cowgirl and Top Cowboy Colorado Jackson.   If you have not had the pleasure of shooting with the Texican Rangers at the Stieler Ranch located between Fredericksburg and Comfort, Texas, you should consider putting Comancheria Days on your list.  Thanks go out to all who had a hand in putting on this fine match.

As always, the Texican Rangers put on a GREAT match. Thanks to all the Rangers that worked so hard to let us have so much fun! 

Had a great time, Love shooting Comancheria Days, it's always Awesome......

Thanks again to ALL the Texican Rangers, for putting together another Great Match!!

The range was a mess just recently from the recent bad winter storm.  Lots of tree damage and at least one ruined stage to be rebuilt.  The Texican volunteers did a great job over multiple weeks to clear it.  Thank you very much!   And the weather cooperated this year as well.  I have had a hex on me for missing a clean CD match due to STUPID errors, but was clean this year, yay!  It was just a really good match.  By the way, Wild Bill McMasters put on a great show as usual (he was the first president of the Texican Rangers in '94).  Both of these pics are him (from the club facebook page):

edit: oh yeah, he was also Teddy Roosevelt for the Wild Bunch sidematch Thursday.

CD2021-3a.jpg

CD2021-3.jpg

Texican Rangers was my first Cowboy shoot and always holds a special place in my heart. Wonderful shoot this year, and even better that I shot it clean. Great job team!

And Dragon Hill Dave is too modest to state that he placed second in the Classic Cowboy category. He also functioned as the Assistant Posse Marshall. He keep the train running on time. BTW our 18 member posse had 9 folks who won buckles. A few others won side matches too. (I was in neither of those groups.)

I had a great time there as always. Burly Bill Brocius and Asup Sleeve (Match Directors) deserve a big shout out too.

La Sombra

Archived