SASS Wire Forum

LaPierre Testimony

I've been following it. Here's a summary, more or less. Even allowing for the NYTimes bias, it speaks for itself:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/11/us/nra-bankruptcy-wayne-lapierre.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

I am a longtime life member but I never understood bringing in Ollie North and then kicking him out. I think he was going to rock Warren LaPierre’s little kingdom and Warren put him out

This is an article written by 2 writers from the liberal NYT. I won’t waste my time on their liberal views!

9 minutes ago, Irish-Pat said:

I am a longtime life member but I never understood bringing in Ollie North and then kicking him out. I think he was going to rock Warren LaPierre’s little kingdom and Warren put him out

Who’s Warren LaPierre?

34 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Says I have to log in.

Ain't gonna do it. 

OLG 

Go here:

https://news.knowledia.com/IN/en/articles/nra-chief-takes-the-stand-with-cracks-in-his-armor-8a7493b523b9826ee9466c1907dd73e36cf65b0e

Then click the "Read Full Article" button. Takes you to NYTimes.com with no login required.

Warren Lapierre is, or was, a rather high placed official (VP?) in the National Rifle Association (NRA).

CatBrules14086

46 minutes ago, Irish-Pat said:

It’s Wayne not Warren unless you know something we don’t?

2 minutes ago, Irish-Pat said:

It don’t really matter if he wrecks the NRA

I don’t think he wrecked it at all ! Just MHO!

1 minute ago, Irish-Pat said:

I hope you are right but I do think we need to update the leadership

New blood certainly wouldn’t hurt! ;)

There is no “Warren LaPierre” in the NRA. The only Warren LaPierre is a resident of British Columbia and not in the NRA. 

I like Colin Noir, )not sure about that spelling)  he’s articulate and knows his firearms stuff! I think he could reach a lot of young people and minorities. I’d love to see him as LaPierres successor.

1 hour ago, Irish-Pat said:

How can anybody take a business into bankruptcy without board approval? Sounds illegal from what I heard but it is all heresay 

But it isn't hearsay. It's from the horse's mouth. In a long legal career, I, too, hadn't heard of an organization's president putting it into bankruptcy without board knowledge, much less approval....

1 hour ago, Irish-Pat said:

Or Colonel West. Then there was the whole thing with Chris Cox.

I appreciate what LaPierre has done, but there's been some questionable things that have been mixed in. Knowing what a high value target the NRA is, he should have known the minefield he was walking in. I'm not of an opinion as to guilt or innocence. My concern is that this is a distraction from the primary mission in both optics and resources. 

47 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

It’s Wayne not Warren unless you know something we don’t?

Heck, I dunno who Warren is (?)!!

Oh!  Wait!   I looked her up!!  Warren is Wayne’s quite unattractive twin sister!

She does all the real work, but Wayne gets the credit.

CatBrules 14086

2 hours ago, Irish-Pat said:

Ok I am So sorry for saying “warren” not “wayne”

Just bustin’ yer chops, Pard :lol:

Auto communista sux, don’t it. ;)

4 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

Go here:

https://news.knowledia.com/IN/en/articles/nra-chief-takes-the-stand-with-cracks-in-his-armor-8a7493b523b9826ee9466c1907dd73e36cf65b0e

Then click the "Read Full Article" button. Takes you to NYTimes.com with no login required.

No-joy

Still wants my email etc.

TNX for the try!

OLG 

I've been a life member since the early 70's and have seen a lot of good and not so good from the NRA. Personally I think it is time to part ways with

Wayne LaPierre and enlist some strong right wing well known lawyers along with conservative celebrities to recharge the whole system. 

We need a team that projects firearms in a positive way in the media, in movies and TV like it was back in the 60's.

I've kept a classic rifle over my fireplace mantel for over 50 years and it's never killed anyone. That's a message to the anti-gunners.

18 minutes ago, watab kid said:

changes have been needed for a long time now - i too am a long time life member and that means very little if the NRA goes away , 

The NRA  will not go away as we know it but it may morph into a more liberal stance due to the media pressure and politics of today. What we need to do is present ourselves to any media that will accept our conservative views and make our gun values more visible so the public knows what's right from wrong and why personal protection is a vital part of the American way of life.

7 minutes ago, Highwall said:

The NRA  will not go away as we know it but it may morph into a more liberal stance due to the media pressure and politics of today. What we need to do is present ourselves to any media that will accept our conservative views and make our gun values more visible so the public knows what's right from wrong and why personal protection is a vital part of the American way of life.

Agreed. The sky falling, scorched earth campaigns were factual but tended to lack, for loss of a better word, empathy. For the most part the PR was preaching to the choir and riling us up, but gun owners are in fact, the minority these days. Defending the 2nd Amendment is the primary issue, but you have to have a better up front image to the non gun owning public. 

When was the last time you saw an NRA ad in the general population promoting gun safety, proper storage or basic marksmanship? 

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

NRA leadership needs new blood. For many years they represented us, but I think these days they represent themselves. 

More overpaid politicians in a civilian  setting.  Power breeds a craving for more power. ad infinitum.

10 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I like Colin Noir, )not sure about that spelling)  he’s articulate and knows his firearms stuff! I think he could reach a lot of young people and minorities. I’d love to see him as LaPierres successor.

I agree 100%. Colion Noir is a young lawyer who is intelligent and charismatic and VERY Pro 2A. He also knows how to use social media, which is something the NRA is seriously lacking on. He would certainly have a few ideas on how to bring the organization into the 21st century and recruit new blood. Exactly what the NRA could use in a leadership position.  Much better than the stuffed suit of Wayne LaPierre. 

I have put on our friends of the NRA banquet for 10 years.  I receive a merchandise catalog from the NRA every couple of months. I have told out field representative many times that all the pull over shirts and t-shirts they are trying to sell don’t fit old fat guys that come and buy and donate at the banquets.  They, me included, prefer a shirt with buttons but they don’t listen to that either. Irish ☘️ Pat, sass 19486, NRA life member

Archived