SASS Wire Forum

Four more years...untill we go Ahhhhh....

Singin' Sue 71615

Again, here we have another thread that deserves an awesome button.

Looks like an absolutely beautiful place to live a quality, peaceful and serene life.

:D

25 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Again, here we have another thread that deserves an awesome button.

Looks like an absolutely beautiful place to live a quality, peaceful and serene life.

:D

It truely is.

A small resort village with great folks, a beautufull lake (actually a resevoir) and scenery!

The joy of seeing what you think is there, not what is really there.

She said "cabin". My brain saw "log cabin". And I'm looking at that picture thinking, "those are some awful funny looking logs".

14 minutes ago, Alpo said:

She said "cabin". My brain saw "log cabin". And I'm looking at that picture thinking, "those are some awful funny looking logs".

Lot’s of stone “cabins” out west. More fire resistant than logs. That’s a beauty!

3 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I'm talking retirement!

We can't wait for Shanley to retire!

And we were blessed to be given the care of the cabin home my dad built in the 60's...wich will be our new home.

Yup...ready for the simplicity!

0718201830.jpg

..... be careful Ma'am, .... someone might start a countdown ....

;)

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

Cottage, maybe???

4 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Lot’s of stone “cabins” out west. More fire resistant than logs. That’s a beauty!

I am sure you have seen much of dad's stone work throughout the area...from Mancos past Pagosa, and beyond.

Three years for us.  I hit the magic age for SS in 2024, on my wife's birthday.  That same year our wedding anniversary falls on Orthodox Easter.  We want to celebrate that with our Santa Rosa CA parish family, then we are planning to move to Jessamine County, KY. I have cousins and other kin in that area (Rockcastle County and Cincinnati OH). Housing prices are such that we can buy a nice little place on my SS and my wife's SS disability.  And the politics are much more agreeable to us.

6 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Three years for us.  I hit the magic age for SS in 2014, on my wife's birthday.  That same year our wedding anniversary falls on Orthodox Easter.  We want to celebrate that with our Santa Rosa CA parish family, then we are planning to move to Jessamine County, KY. I have cousins and other kin in that area (Rockcastle County and Cincinnati OH). Housing prices are such that we can buy a nice little place on my SS and my wife's SS disability.  And the politics are much more agreeable to us.

Sounds like an amazing plan!!!

We actually will retire earlier than suggested...

But 62 is a finexage to start your day fishin', or having coffee with the deer, or just plain sleepin' in!

1108201110a.jpg

Capture+_2019-03-14-07-28-43.png

0718201833.jpg

Just now, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

But 62 is a finexage to start your day fishin', or having coffee with the deer, or just plain sleepin' in!

1108201110a.jpg

0718201833.jpg

The top photo is my dad...caught by my nephew's lens.

2 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

1108201110a.jpg

0718201833.jpg

We think so.  It is almost $500 a month difference for me between retiring now at 63 1/2 or sticking it out to 66 1/2.  A not insignificant amount.

Just now, Subdeacon Joe said:

We think so.  It is almost $500 a month difference for me between retiring now at 63 1/2 or sticking it out to 66 1/2.  A not insignificant amount.

We will have the 2 SS (praying/relying) as well as an extra bit from 401k ...we are basically 'debt' free...so that is a God send!

Just now, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Shanley said "Great! Now I won't be able to sleep, from anticipation!"

I'll buy him a nanner split whenever we meet!

I just love it. 

One thing I've learned from retirement.  It's who you spend your retirement with that makes all the difference.  We downsized.  Moved to a house and in a part of the country my wife chose.  No regrets!!

I retired, not too long ago, and only had one regret. Just one.

That I could not have retired sooner!!!

I walked out of the office, that afternoon, and never looked back.....just made a gesture (of goodbye) over my shoulder, as I headed out the door. 

If you can afford to retire, and don't have debts out the kazoo, it's the best thing since....well....you know.

W.K. 

1 hour ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

It may be a bit smaller than your current residence. Start dejunking now!

Imis and congrats

Yes, it is just the right size.

There is less than a trunk full of items going to transfer...and one breakfast serving table.

Have already moved a few items in...

The rest stays here for the kids to divide some fine day!

58 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I retired, not too long ago, and only had one regret. Just one.

That I could not have retired sooner!!!

I walked out of the office, that afternoon, and never looked back.....just made a gesture (of goodbye) over my shoulder, as I headed out the door. 

If you can afford to retire, and don't have debts out the kazoo, it's the best thing since....well....you know.

W.K. 

And you know...we know the road to Waxa...so you may just see us at a match nearby!!!

Archived