SASS Wire Forum

Buying Blackpowder ... First I’ve Seen This ...

John Boy

It's some sort of problem between the Powder Inc web site and the Firefox browser.   Perhaps there is a minor malware situation (as the alarm says) with the Powder Inc site which Firefox detects and other browsers do not.

Chrome browser on Windows thinks things are fine.

Edge browser on Windows thinks things are fine.

This isn't the end of shooting as we know it...... :lol:

good luck, GJ

Details that Firefox shows on my windows 10 machine:

www.powderinc.com has been reported as containing malicious software. You can ignore the risk and go to this unsafe site.

If you have ever ignored a warning about Powder Inc's site, you may have a cookie set that says you are wanting to ignore the warning now.   And probably another 100 reasons why your computer does not show a warning.  I can easily confirm that Firefox shows the warning on MY machine.  As the OP reported.

Computers, contrary to popular opinion, can give different results than other computers, based on the history of software installs, updates, and even user choices in the past.

good luck, GJ

No, there are two real BP sites, different names and different URLs.  Powder Inc is in Arkansas.  Powder Valley in Kansas.  Both very reputable outfits from my experience.  I've ordered BP from both. 

I can believe that Powder Inc may not have the high level of IT support that Powder Valley has.

Powder Inc sells no smokeless powder.   Powder Valley does mainly smokeless, with a variety of BP as well.

Note - as I got to some of the second level pages on Powder Inc sites using Chrome browser, even Chrome starts showing a malware warning.

good luck, GJ

7 minutes ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

No, there are two real BP sites, different names and different URLs.  Powder Inc is in Arkansas.  Powder Valley in Kansas.  Both very reputable outfits from my experience.  I've ordered BP from both. 

I can believe that Powder Inc may not have the high level of IT support that Powder Valley has.

Powder Inc sells no smokeless powder.   Powder Valley does mainly smokeless, with a variety of BP as well.

Note - as I got to some of the second level pages on Powder Inc sites using Chrome browser, even Chrome starts showing a malware warning.

good luck, GJ

Ah, dang, thanks GJ. I'll delete my post. I couldn't find any reputable references to "Powder Inc.", so I assumed something was fishy with it. I'll delete my post, but the lesson stands to know the difference between the URLs.

Archived