SASS Wire Forum

Who wants to feel old?

I started hanging out on this forum and shooting SASS nigh on 20 years ago.  Back then I was a 2LT at Fort Carson.  You guys and all my shooting partners seemed old to me, because the average age of this game is quite a bit older than other shooting sports.  After a few years on active duty I switched over to the Reserves and have kept going.  I have since retired from the career in civilian law enforcement I left active duty to pursue, and have begun another career.  But I'm still in the army as a reservist, and now I have soldiers who have no memory of 9-11, nor what it means to fight from the field instead of a FOB.

Now here's the part that will REALLY make you fee old:  Last Friday they released the promotion list, and I have been selected for promotion to full bird Colonel.  I was a 2LT when I first logged on to the SASS Wire, and now I'm going to be a full bird.  Wow.  You guys are old :)

Congratulations!!!

Congratulation, and don't worry about J-Bar, HE IS OLD!:lol:

Congratulations, Colonel Cassidy!

Here’s a laugh for ya’!!

Ya’ wanna’ feel old??  Feel of me!! :lol: :lol: :o

28 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Congrats, Colonel!  How would you feel about AG for Colorado? 

Stay well and safe!

I'm not a lawyer...so...it wouldn't work.  Plus I've about had it with any politics in Colorado.  We were strongly red when I moved here, shifted purple, and are now ultra-far lefty.  Unfortunately my new career gives me only four places where I could live and work, and two of them are out of the question.  My only other option would be Omaha, and after my kids finish high school I might actually look for a job there.

Congratulations Cyrus. :D

I won’t call you Colonel until you are one. Wouldn’t want to jinx it. 

I’m with @Perro Del Diablo my body’s a lot older than it should be, but it’s hard to have fun without puttin’ some damage on the hardware. 

I was in the Army from 1965 until 1972....4 years active, 3 years Reserve.  I resigned my commission as a Captain in 1972 and was in the Marine Corps on active on active duty until 1978 when I gave up being a GySgt and became a civilian.  Not a very good one, but a civilian nonetheless.

If I learned nothing else I give you a bit of truth:  getting old is mandatory.  Growing up is optional.  I chose to do both and it has worked out well.

BTW, my son called me on last month on his 55th birthday to inform me that he is now OFFICIALLY a Senior Citizen.

Congratulations, Colonel.  See!  Perseverance does pay off.  :FlagAm:

Salute!! And Congratulations 

Congratulations!

17 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

As long as you can keep the young whippersnappers choking in your dust, you ain't old.

I bet you gotta a coin set dated the year you were born.

..........Widder

image.thumb.png.8fe517233187d3b5f4098eae490925b5.png

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

PS I don't need your help, Cyrus. I've been retired 17 years. :o

So you’re about 82??? :P

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Whoa! I guess I'm not so old.

You must’ve retired early!! lol 

19 hours ago, Smoken D said:

Congratulation, and don't worry about J-Bar, HE IS OLD!:lol:

Don't you be calling my younger twin "old".

Congratulations and thank you for your service to our great country!

Archived