SASS Wire Forum

Covid Societal Withdrawal Syndrome

Yul Lose

17 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I’ve found that lately I’ve become much harsher in my response to people and have been told that by family members also.

You are not required to suffer idiots.

Unless they are elected officials.

13 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

The mask nazis are out in full force out here and they get in your face literally if you don’t comply. I guess that’s probably one of the issues I have going out around here is the belligerence on display. I had to go to the P.O. on Thursday and had to walk across the parking lot to the front door and hadn’t put my mask on yet as I was walking and when I got to the door a woman got after me for not having my mask on when I got out of my truck. She didn’t like what I told her to do. I’ve found that lately I’ve become much harsher in my response to people and have been told that by family members also.

I don't blame you a bit Yul, if you want to wear a mask please help yourself, outside if I don't want to wear one I won't and they best mind their own business, if I HAVE to go into a shop and they ask me nicely to put on my mask I may or I may turn around and shop elsewhere.  SCJ

I don’t think that I have become any harsher or more belligerent since the mask crap started. (I’m not saying that the masks are crap or that the rules are either!) I never did take kindly to someone getting “in my face” and I still don’t. That behavior is rude and shouldn’t be tolerated!!  You get in my face and you WON’T like the results!! AND I’ll walk away with a smile on my face, mask or no mask!

I don’t go out of my way to scold or berate anyone, normally, and I expect to be given the same courtesy.

AND!! I ain’t gonna let that garbage keep me shut in!!  Today, I get the IV line removed from my arm. Tomorrow, I’ll be three counties away, getting things done and going where I please!!

3 hours ago, Silver Creek Jack said:

Well guess I’m the odd man out! I have gone to every CAS match that I could attend was great to see everyone and can’t wait to  head to OK city in a couple of weeks for Land run, this CO 19 crap gave me a bad case of cabin fever, around here in SE Kansas it’s starting to get pretty close to normal, more and more people have stopped wearing masks,  you are still supposed to wear a mask until you are seated in a restaurant, and in stores here in Winfield masks are “required “ but most of the folks don’t comply and no one complains. Arkansas city 9 miles away doesn’t have a mask ordinance and west of us, Wellington  has dumped the mask also. Cases have continued to drop pretty fast in Kansas, the majority  of people I know have had both shots now, at our clubs  two day shoot last weekend most everyone I talked to has had at least one shot and waiting to get the second, only one of the older cowboys wore a mask the entire time and that’s just fine if it made him feel better. It’s so good to see people living life again and I love it.    SCJ

See you at Land Run!!!

Look us up if I don't find you first!!!

19 hours ago, Dubious Don #56333 said:

I enlisted in 1978. Most of my NCO's were combat vets. They all had this....stare. After forty years myself, I know why. During my LE career, I spent a lot of time teaching these very same subjects on mental health to recruits as far as survival goes.

One can only live in "survival mode" for so long. People have been bombarded with how deadly this is when in reality, it's only that to about point 02 percent. In short, they had the wits scared out of'em over mostly nothing. So that shell-shocked attitude on the part of some people is understandable. Make no mistake, it's real. I've had two friends die from it and a bunch that got it and recovered. Some easier than others. But much of the crap "they" put us through was unecessary. Some was a flat out lie but we're not going there.

As for AZ, since our governor has done away with masks and lockdowns, corporate has taken over as carekeepers LOL. Know what? Nobody seems to care if I wear one or not so I don't. Haven't been bothered...yet and I notice a few others who don't too.

Right?

In the Walmart in Anthem, no looks, nada...one young girl, maybe 8 or 9 looked up and saw we weren't masked. She nearly jumped out of her skin and stepped behind her momma...looking at us like we were going to eat her.

Poor thing, she will have a hard life, I'm afraid.

In the Albertson's by BASF...got stern lokks from the management team...but no hassles.

2 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

The mask nazis are out in full force out here and they get in your face literally if you don’t comply. I guess that’s probably one of the issues I have going out around here is the belligerence on display. I had to go to the P.O. on Thursday and had to walk across the parking lot to the front door and hadn’t put my mask on yet as I was walking and when I got to the door a woman got after me for not having my mask on when I got out of my truck. She didn’t like what I told her to do. I’ve found that lately I’ve become much harsher in my response to people and have been told that by family members also.

It really is a bit of depression...along with the loss of being a 'free' American!!!

I've accidentally forgotten to put on my mask two times lately. When I noticed, I said oops forgot my mask. I've been treated civilly. One time, I just put it on. Another, the clerk said we have them at the service desk. I said, I have one in my purse and I just put it on.

Early during the closure, I left mine in the car while pumping gas. When my receipt didn't print I went in the office to get one. A woman had a hissy fit and the clerk politely gave me one. I just apologized.

Maybe people are nicer in Amador county than So. CA.; but, I've not really experienced much negativity.

When I go into a store without a mask (often these days) and an employee offers a mask to me, I just say “I’ve been vaccinated” (true) and continue walking.  No pursuit so far.  

It's not the general public I have trouble with, it's the Store Mask Nazi. There seems to be one most everyplace I go. 

I walk in the store, nod at everyone I cross paths with, INCLUDING employees, and nobody says a word except to compliment me on my 1911. UNTIL I run into that ONE Mask Nazi that just HAS to tell me about the store policy about masks, online ordering, and curbside pickup so that I don't have to enter the store. 

Medical condition: doesn't matter, store policy. 

There is an Ace Hardware Store I go to where the Mask Nazi won't even come into the ISLE that I'm in. he just yells at me from the next isle over. The funny thing is that I go to a different Ace Hardware, owned by the same man, (not the Mask Nazi), and don't have a problem.

19 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

It's not the general public I have trouble with, it's the Store Mask Nazi. There seems to be one most everyplace I go. 

I walk in the store, nod at everyone I cross paths with, INCLUDING employees, and nobody says a word except to compliment me on my 1911. UNTIL I run into that ONE Mask Nazi that just HAS to tell me about the store policy about masks, online ordering, and curbside pickup so that I don't have to enter the store. 

Medical condition: doesn't matter, store policy. 

There is an Ace Hardware Store I go to where the Mask Nazi won't even come into the ISLE that I'm in. he just yells at me from the next isle over. The funny thing is that I go to a different Ace Hardware, owned by the same man, (not the Mask Nazi), and don't have a problem.

I usually direct the attention of those people to the mistletoe attached to my shirt tail!

LOUDLY!! :angry: :lol:

4 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

See you at Land Run!!!

Look us up if I don't find you first!!!

I will do it Sue! I  Look forward to it!  SCJ

I keep pretty active at my church, but it really drags being confined to my desk at work and not having office snacks.  I feel the lack of motivation to do things that I enjoy, I really feel the lack of motivation to do things I should be doing but don't like doing.  I had Covid back in November (missed thanksgiving except with my wife and kids)  I was pretty under the weather at the time, but decided to do something fun and "productive" while I was fighting and convalescing.  So I grew out my Mustache, I wax it up nice every day now and only wear a face shield if I'm going to wear anything at all (over my face).  I get a lot of compliments on it, and I can see that it produces a lot of smiles in the people I'm around.  This would be much much harder I think if I didn't have my wife and kids to spend the time with.  Also, I appreciate the virtual Old West we have here and People Like @Yul Lose have definitely made my life better!  Here's a selfie from a train ride I took with the kids Saturday.

20210410_125228[1].jpg

@Yul LoseI believe it comes down to habit.  Obviously you see value in getting out and doing stuff you've just gotten out of the habit.  You've found new things to fill your time.  I know I haven't been to a match for over a year.  At first it was because I was working hitches out of the country.  But now that that's done I'm just out of the habit.  I used to know without thinking when match day was (or around here, where the match was this weekend).  Now it surprises me a little when I see it on my calendar.  I'd suggest taking it slow.  Don't overwhelm yourself with some commitment to go from 0 to normal in 1 day.  Start with putting on your going out clothes even if you don't have plans that day. 

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

Has anyone reverted back to being sociable?   

I suspect there are people that will stay buried in their spider hole and wear virus masks from now on. 

A neighbor of mine and his wife have been locked down over a year now and the last time I talked to him he said they’re prepared to stay there years that way if they have to. I’ve brought him a few things from the hardware store and when I deliver it I have to leave it in a bag outside the gate. Says they won’t leave for a vaccine that they’ll wait until it comes to them, might be waiting awhile.

I find myself looking for excuses to NOT leave the house, not usual for me. Before this mess most weekends the wife and I were out doing errands and various other activities.

Archived