SASS Wire Forum

Hell on Wheels - 2021

Chief Rick

Still early but I am trying to finalize plans to make this shoot again.

Requested leave today and printed out an application.  Also made reservations at a hotel.

Anybody else making the trip?

I plan to be there. Already have application in and reservations made. This will be my first time at H.O.W and I'm really looking forward to it.

Irish Tom.

We really enjoyed our trip a few years back and are looking forward to this year.  Plan on hightailing it out West on the Interstates in two days to get there and then taking our time coming back to the Gulf Coast afterwards, enjoying some tourist spots.

Looking forward to my second trip to HoW’s, the Border Vigilantes put on one helluva shooter’s match!  

On 4/10/2021 at 5:18 PM, Irish Tom said:

I plan to be there. Already have application in and reservations made. This will be my first time at H.O.W and I'm really looking forward to it.

Irish Tom.

That's great to see.  Ozark Belle and I are already registered and have our hotel.  HoW is part of our two week vacation.  Going to shoot the Saturday match at Powder Creek, then work our way to Cheyenne for HoW.  After HoW we are going to Cody for a few days, then shooting the Nebraska State match on the way home.

1 hour ago, Ozark Shark said:

That's great to see.  Ozark Belle and I are already registered and have our hotel.  HoW is part of our two week vacation.  Going to shoot the Saturday match at Powder Creek, then work our way to Cheyenne for HoW.  After HoW we are going to Cody for a few days, then shooting the Nebraska State match on the way home.

We're looking to shoot HoW and then make our way back to OKC and maybe shoot their monthly the following weekend.

2 hours ago, Ozark Shark said:

Sounds like it's going to be a great shoot. Looking forward to seeing you guy's.

20 hours ago, Chief Rick said:

We're looking to shoot HoW and then make our way back to OKC and maybe shoot their monthly the following weekend.

Chief, something you might consider that would allow you to see some country and have a heck of a lot of fun.  Shoot HOW July 1-4, then go to Boise, Idaho for their state match the following week July 7-10, then the following week in Price Utah for their annual July 16-17.  I think you would have the time of your life with these good people and some great shooting.  I'll be at all three and would be happy to help grease the skids for you.

Yes, I'll be there got some health things going on so things might be a bit of a struggle.  However, I see guys like you that just keep on keeping on and things dont quite look as bad.

7 hours ago, twelve mile REB said:

Chief, something you might consider that would allow you to see some country and have a heck of a lot of fun.  Shoot HOW July 1-4, then go to Boise, Idaho for their state match the following week July 7-10, then the following week in Price Utah for their annual July 16-17.  I think you would have the time of your life with these good people and some great shooting.  I'll be at all three and would be happy to help grease the skids for you.

One day, after I retire, that would be nice.  Limited vacation days won't allow that right now.  Hotels for this trip are complimentary points from business travel.

Sorry you can't join us Chief

Semper Fi

• 2 weeks later...

Vacation approved, flight is booked, rental car reserved, free room and board at my brothers and this Florida cowboy will be making his first trip to Wyoming.  Really excited to shoot this match.  Plan on taking it all in everyday.  

On 4/12/2021 at 6:16 PM, Buffalo Bill Mathewson, 37826 said:

This will be our 4th HOW in a row. In case you couldn't tell we like it. 

Looks like I will see you guys again :)

This was my first big match ever last year and what can I say other than Assassin, Belle, and the others put on a great match.

Archived