SASS Wire Forum

New Bullet Supplier

Tequila Shooter

Odd they have no info about themselves. No phone, no address, no nuttin. I'd beware personally. But thanks for passing it along.

6 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Odd they have no info about themselves. No phone, no address, no nuttin. I'd beware personally. But thanks for passing it along.

I thought that was odd too.

I have not run into not finding bullets...

A dubious offer from a vendor who has no idea of how to professionally set up a web site.  And when an offer like this is made in a time of severe shortages, it can well be an offer made for a very nefarious reason - to scam buyers.  

At the very least, you need to be assured the company has a physical presence;  if you have legitimate problems with the delivery or the product you will need it.  Otherwise, it's very difficult to seek compensation if disputes arise.

good luck, GJ

Red River Bullets sold their business to them. They are out of Texas. Mustang Dave went over and helped him get everything set up. If he is doing it the same way as Dave they are great bullets. I’ve bought many thousands of bullets from Dave. 

Kajun

50 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Red River Bullets sold their business to them. They are out of Texas. Mustang Dave went over and helped him get everything set up. If he is doing it the same way as Dave they are great bullets. I’ve bought many thousands of bullets from Dave. 

Kajun

Might have them add an address and contact # to their website?

2 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Might have them add an address and contact # to their website?

I’ve contacted someone who may can help them out. 

Kajun

I have 2 thousand bullets on order from them... bought on Monday - nothing yet, no shipping confirmation... will give it another week and dispute the charge

Red River Bullets was one of my bullet vendor and informed me about selling and helping set up the production line in Texas. Ordered couple thousand 105's and 125's in 38 SP. Received them in 6 days. Loaded and shot couple matches, They are basically the same as Red River products. Great product and well packaged for shipping.

Y'all think maybe a little latitude should be given to a new startup? I am certain if you were in their shoes you would like the opportunity to get your feet wet before people were sullying your reputation.

I meant no offense to them. I just get concerned when a web site wants my money but doesn't even tell me who or where they are. Very scammy looking and even as a start - up, having your company info is pretty basic I think. Should be the first thing on the page before you even list your product. JMHO

51 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Y'all think maybe a little latitude should be given to a new startup? I am certain if you were in their shoes you would like the opportunity to get your feet wet before people were sullying your reputation.

You've got a point, but it's hard to build a reputation if no-one even knows who you are or how to contact you!

Maybe their first foray into a business? Perhaps no knowledge of how to build a website, feeling their way along? I don't know these folks, or maybe I do. I just think a little consideration is not too much to ask, you know, walk a mile in my shoes?

All valid points on both sides of the coin, but if you start up a business, you need to have a FEIN and corporate registry with the state to open a bank account. All that takes an address. As for a website designed to do business over the internet, this is something that is quick and easy to do, nothing compared to even 10 years ago!  
and lastly it is common sense for the new owners to look at their own website and judge whether they would use it. This business has spent a lot of effort but only went 8 yards instead of the whole 9 yards. 
and unfortunately we need to be cautious in dealing with companies where it appears not to allow recourse. 
After being in Accounting for over 40 years, many of those years as a Controller, setting up companies have become second nature. But if the current owners aren’t organized at the beginning, they are doomed to fail until they set up the common sense business disciplines needed to operate. 

I just got a USPS notification that something is coming to me from Dallas TX... probably it is the bullets - will report!

Lets be Kool folks everyone is not always on top of things as quick as others..

This is SASS where help is always a welcome word.

However, with someone looking to scam us at any chance, we need to be careful. We've already had a couple dropped just in the past week!

Personally I shoot Rooster's Red  Cast Bullets ! 

I cast and load all winter .

And shoot in the summer. 

So saith the Rooster :D

3 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

However, with someone looking to scam us at any chance, we need to be careful. We've already had a couple dropped just in the past week!

Yes you are also correct on that. We must always be alert to this. 

Thanks again JRJ

I ordered 3K of the No Lube Groove 105's from them last month, shipped out quickly and well packaged.  As stated in a previous post, Apache Bullets bought Red River Bullets equipment.  While their website may not be as polished as others, I will order from them again.  Hoping they will make the 160 gr .452's like Red River offered in the future.  I saw today they recently added some 45's.  

The owner John Corcoran was very responsive to my emails when he was first getting started.  All in all a positive experience and very good quality bullets.

I placed an order with Rim Rock Bullets for the  first time in early April. My usual supplier Missouri Bullets has drastically cut its lineup to where they no longer offer the bullets I need. RRB said it would 8 weeks for delivery so I need to wait a bit more. Will post a report when they arrive.  

They look like a good product,  however at double what I currently pay. I'll stick with my supplier for now

1 hour ago, evil dogooder said:

They look like a good product,  however at double what I currently pay. I'll stick with my supplier for now

Do you mean Rim Rock? I got 900 160gr .45 RNFP for $82; 500 128gr .38  TCFP for $33; and 700  200gr .44-40 for $61. Unit Prices are spot on or better than compared to MO Bullets. 

9 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Do you mean Rim Rock? I got 900 160gr .45 RNFP for $82; 500 128gr .38  TCFP for $33; and 700  200gr .44-40 for $61. Unit Prices are spot on or better than compared to MO Bullets. 

No I do not.  I pay 46.50 per 1k

Non coated is normally about $7 per k less than that.    

Ive never bought from mo bullets so couldn't say on that. 

Last few years I've been ordering a year's worth of coated .38's at a time from Cimarron Bullets and having them delivered to Comancheria Days.  Called a few weeks early this year but they still had 3500 ready for me to pick up.

However, we heard from one of our local bullet suppliers that his source of lead just raised their price by 50%, so his prices will have to go up.  I don't know how widespread that will be.

Q: are ALL the bullet makers 100% out of stock?

It seems like literally nobody has bullet stock.
I'm really surprised at the lead bullet vendors.. Missouri, et al.

Where is all this stock going?

On 4/9/2021 at 6:18 PM, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

A dubious offer

good luck, GJ

GJ,

Apache Bullets bought out Red River Bullets, along with all their lead.  He's doing the Hi-Tek coating also, (although I miss the Red River black-coated 160gr .45s and .38 105's).   He's got a good FB site at https://www.facebook.com/apachebullets  Their current offerings are at https://www.apachebullets.com/s/shop    They answered all my questions promptly at apachebullets@gmail.com  

I believe you might know the folks that are heading this venture.  Give 'em a holler!

~Duc!

Archived