SASS Wire Forum

‘WTT Schofields for New Vaquero Deal concluded

This may be just a daydream but here goes.

I’m looking to trade my Taylor’s and Co. (Uberti) Schofields for a set of Ruger New Vaqueros in .44 special. The Schofields are consecutive serial numbers in .38 special blued finish with 5” barrels. They have been tuned by a local cowboy shop gunsmith and are amazingly smooth. They are both in excellent condition with only slight holster wear at the muzzle, cylinder ring, and some very minor marks which don’t show up in photos. They come with original boxes and a set of custom made holsters. I’ve shot these at a couple of matches over the years but they have seen very little use.

I don’t want to sell these, just trade them so please don’t contact me with offers to buy them.

What I’m looking for specifically is a set of stainless steel New Vaqueros in .44 spl (not 44 mag) with SBH. Barrel length of 4.62” . (I’ve been informed that they didn’t make them in 5 1/2”). Used or new, with or without action work.

I posted a few photos here and willing to send more detailed ones to whom ever is willing to work out a deal.

Best to contact me through a PM.

Thanks for looking

Snake-eye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As we've discussed, I have a bunch of those stainless 4 5/8" .44 special NV's, but not particularly interested in Schofields, especially .38's, BUT... you wouldn't happen to have a blue 3 1/2" Birdshead New Vaquero .45 acp would you?

• 3 weeks later...

I have ten of them, which is a bit ridiculous. :P "My three" have SBH hammers installed (gotta have an identical backup, doncha know), but the other seven... why do I have them? Bragging rights, I guess. I quoted a bit more to another prospect, but I'll still honor the price I PM'd you, plus shipping & insurance. All are in very good/excellent condition, except one of the three I'm keeping for myself that had some undisclosed cosmetic problems that were carefully hidden by shadows in the seller's pics.

44Vaqueros.jpg

2 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

I have ten of them, which is a bit ridiculous. :P "My three" have SBH hammers installed (gotta have an identical backup, doncha know), but the other seven... why do I have them? Bragging rights, I guess. I quoted a bit more to another prospect, but I'll still honor the price I PM'd you, plus shipping & insurance. All are in very good/excellent condition, except one of the three I'm keeping for myself that had some undisclosed cosmetic problems that were carefully hidden by shadows in the seller's pics.

44Vaqueros.jpg

Okay Three Foot Johnson, there's gotta be an origin story behind this and you need to share it with us right now. :blink:

2 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

44Vaqueros.jpg

8 minutes ago, Ezra Hawthorne said:

Okay Three Foot Johnson, there's gotta be an origin story behind this and you need to share it with us right now. :blink:

Mike, Carol, Greg, Marsha, Peter, Jan, Cindy, Bobby, Alice, and Tiger?

48 minutes ago, Ezra Hawthorne said:

More money than common sense, and a lot like an alcoholic owning a liquor store!

On 5/25/2021 at 3:29 PM, Three Foot Johnson said:

I have ten of them, which is a bit ridiculous. :P 

This is why all Vaquero's are so expensive right now haha, Three Foot owns ALL OF THEM

Well, the Limited Edition 4 5/8" stainless .44 spls anyway. ;) 503 made, and I have 10 of them... just the barest smidgeon shy of 2% - 1.988071570576541% to be more exact. :) It's not uncommon to see these going for well over a thousand dollars. The last one I saw on Gunbroker, a blued version, went for $1094 - that's a lot of scratch to have tied up in seven extra guns just for bragging rights. 

Archived