SASS Wire Forum

revolver styles?

Doc Moses

Doc Moses 111066. I am new and reading throuhh the accepted styles and wht not, comparing that to videos. The videos show people shooting revolvers 2 handed. Off hand cocks the hammer. In the rules I only see directions for shooting onehand at a time in duelist or both hands in gunfighter. What am I missing?  Which events allow you to cock and support with your off hand?  Thanks for your help and time.

Duelist, Frontiersman and Gunfighter REQUIRE you to cock and shoot the pistol using only one hand.  Frontiersman also requires the use of Cap and Ball pistols.  Gunfighter allows you to hold a loaded pistol in each hand at one time alternating shots from each pistol.  In GF you MAY shoot with one pistol out at a time, but you must still cock and shoot using only one hand.

In any other shooting category you can hold the pistol in two hands cocking with the support hand and pulling the trigger with the strong hand.  

If I erred citing the above I'm sure someone will come along and correct me.  :D

AND, Welcome to the game.  You're going to have a blast.

Angus

Classic Cowboy requires cocking and shooting one-handed. Age-based categories allow two hands.

You know, I never noticed that the shooters handbook only mentions shooting with two hands once, and it is an indirect reference on page 6.  It only mentions shooting two handed to help define what shooting one handed is.  

image.png.f72e5c13bc208dd1afaf04d29b67f80a.png

unless of course I missed something somewhere....

Standard advice to all new shooters.    Go to a match          GW

Archived