SASS Wire Forum

Hard, Folding Pickup Truck Bed Covers

I am going to buy a hard, folding bed cover for my F350 with a 6 1/2 ' bed. I have narrowed it down to 3 different choices and brands. Just wondering if anyone has one and their experience.

-Extang Encore Trifold cover

-Lomax Tri Fold

-BAKFLIP G2 

-BAKFLIP  Bak

I want one that has aluminum skin with composite sandwich between the skins and powder coated. 

What say you...................?

I am not familiar with them but here is what I would do. I did this when I was buying a camper shell. 
I went to a place that sold a couple of brands of the units I was interested in and asked them for a customer referral list so their customers could tell me about their experience with particular models. One place laughed at me. I walked. 
One place gave me a list of people. I called them and Leer shells ruled the reviews so that is what I bought. 

You might try this if you don’t get much feedback here. 

I bought a 2016 Nissan Frontier two years ago and installed one from Bak. I have been very happy with it. One of my cowboy pards bought a new Ford PU last year and it had the identical manufacture, but mot model obviously,  cover on it, with the Ford logo. I got it at a local truck accessory shop, they had a huge variety of styles and brands to choose from. Mine was just shy of $1k with Tn tax and a modest install fee. While not entirely water tight it comes close. I would buy another.

Imis

The one I have on my F150 has aluminum bars across the bed and actually rolls up to the front of the bed. It works surprisingly well, but is not water tight at the rear by the tailgate.

I have the Balloon on my 2020 F250.  It's my third one, all have been trouble free and work well. I have no experience with the others bit would highly recommend the Balloon.

I got the one on my F-150 (4 door cab short bed) through the dealer when I bought the truck so I don't know the brand. It has worked very well over the past 4 years. My only complaint is after an Indiana freezing rain it freezes to the top of the tailgate and is a pain to get open without damaging anything.

Archived