SASS Wire Forum

@patriot rumor

Perro Del Diablo

On 4/18/2021 at 10:09 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

You are too darn funny, Devil Dawg. :lol:

Check this out. This is an X-ray of my left wrist I got last week. At my first post-op appointment my surgeon said he was afraid “one screw might be into the joint and that may be a problem.”

Well, it appears it ‘might be a problem”!

CB1F9758-12C1-4E08-A2B0-2CF5BDA8C73C.thumb.jpeg.1c9c4fc90239bb485203ea2fcaa7db9a.jpeg

80E1D006-D3A5-4AB5-A1E7-845134B04992.thumb.jpeg.a19cf005d90ccf6e77e3879fc2db5331.jpeg

F4290908-5B92-4DA6-BE9C-AA2C98E50BA4.thumb.jpeg.9cf4fd2f0969ed39a2ff1919e237c46f.jpeg

Notice how one screw is tilted forward into the joint area? I cannot bend my hand back more than 20 degrees without pain in the top of my wrist. :angry:

Here is what they did to me December 

CC29BB5C-9327-4799-90A9-DCC690422F38.jpeg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Here is what they did to me December 

CC29BB5C-9327-4799-90A9-DCC690422F38.jpeg

Dang! That looks like a trip to the nightmare hardware store! I might have to get me some of those for my lower back someday, unfortunately. 
I used to have some real problems with my neck. I found a good chiropractor who helped me figure out what was wrong and it was as simple as some therapy and the right pillow. That and dropping heavy racing helmets in favor of polycarbonates. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Dang! That looks like a trip to the nightmare hardware store! I might have to get me some of those for my lower back someday, unfortunately. 
I used to have some real problems with my neck. I found a good chiropractor who helped me figure out what was wrong and it was as simple as some therapy and the right pillow. That and dropping heavy racing helmets in favor of polycarbonates. 

He wanted do my low back but gotta wait till get a savings built back up

8 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Why @Pat Riot, SASS #13748 I never knew that you’re inner animal was a pussy cat, ahhhhh

Years ago I was made to attend a “Management Team Building Retreat” where we had 2 days of fun and frivolity with our esteemed “teammates” learning how to keep from throwing up and bashing our coworkers with blunt objects...I mean, we learned how to work cohesively and in unison as a “team”. (Insert puking emoji here)

We had a session where they brought in this white woman who claimed to be Cherokee - she wouldn’t tell me how much Cherokee when pressed so I guessed “damn little”, if any.

Anyway, she wanted us to go through an exercise to determine our “spirit animal”. I texted one of my friends and told him to call me in 10 minutes. Thankfully he got the text. 
She then proceeded to tell us that she wanted us to start the exercise by telling everyone what we thought our spirit animal might be and that then we would do this exercise to determine if we were correct and if not what our spirit animal actually was. 
As luck would have it, she called on my table first. When she got to me I said “Crow”. She said “That’s an odd selection. Why a crow?” In her syrupy condescending smarmy little way. 
I said something like “Because they are a free spirit. They are independent yet thrive in their own community. They are intelligent. They aren’t edible and they aren’t predatory in ways that affect humans so people leave them alone and can fly away from any situation they want no parts of or are annoyed with...” And that was when my phone rang, loudly, as I had turned up the volume. ;)

As I went to answer it and pretend an emergency was taking place I heard her saying “Phones should be turned off. This is an important exercise. Everyone please mute your (muffle, muffle, muffle)

I was free. I made it out the door looking fully immersed in an emergency. 
I went out the front door and down the block to a coffee shop that served the best little coffee cakes. Their coffee wasn’t bad either. 
I returned to the idiot-fest about 40 minutes later and was promptly told my Dr. Dipstick- Medicine Woman, that I missed nearly the whole exercise. Yay!

Now we were going around the room discussing how we all feel about our contributions to our team community and that we could only talk when the “Medicine Stick” was passed to us. She informed me that I was next. I got up and left. 
The next day my boss told me that everyone must participate in all events for the team building sessions. I told him that me fantasizing about medieval battle weaponry and their uses during these sessions wasn’t healthy so I left. He stifled a laugh and told me I must stick around during that day’s sessions. I did...very begrudgingly. 

Working for a highly politicized City for 40+ years, I had to sit through many such sessions on anything that was the issue De Jour or for whatever group had their underwear in a knot at that particular moment and for who city council gave a sympathetic hearing.

You have my sympathy and understanding.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Years ago I was made to attend a “Management Team Building Retreat” where we had 2 days of fun and frivolity with our esteemed “teammates” learning how to keep from throwing up and bashing our coworkers with blunt objects...I mean, we learned how to work cohesively and in unison as a “team”. (Insert puking emoji here)

We had a session where they brought in this white woman who claimed to be Cherokee - she wouldn’t tell me how much Cherokee when pressed so I guessed “damn little”, if any.

Anyway, she wanted us to go through an exercise to determine our “spirit animal”. I texted one of my friends and told him to call me in 10 minutes. Thankfully he got the text. 
She then proceeded to tell us that she wanted us to start the exercise by telling everyone what we thought our spirit animal might be and that then we would do this exercise to determine if we were correct and if not what our spirit animal actually was. 
As luck would have it, she called on my table first. When she got to me I said “Crow”. She said “That’s an odd selection. Why a crow?” In her syrupy condescending smarmy little way. 
I said something like “Because they are a free spirit. They are independent yet thrive in their own community. They are intelligent. They aren’t edible and they aren’t predatory in ways that affect humans so people leave them alone and can fly away from any situation they want no parts of or are annoyed with...” And that was when my phone rang, loudly, as I had turned up the volume. ;)

As I went to answer it and pretend an emergency was taking place I heard her saying “Phones should be turned off. This is an important exercise. Everyone please mute your (muffle, muffle, muffle)

I was free. I made it out the door looking fully immersed in an emergency. 
I went out the front door and down the block to a coffee shop that served the best little coffee cakes. Their coffee wasn’t bad either. 
I returned to the idiot-fest about 40 minutes later and was promptly told my Dr. Dipstick- Medicine Woman, that I missed nearly the whole exercise. Yay!

Now we were going around the room discussing how we all feel about our contributions to our team community and that we could only talk when the “Medicine Stick” was passed to us. She informed me that I was next. I got up and left. 
The next day my boss told me that everyone must participate in all events for the team building sessions. I told him that me fantasizing about medieval battle weaponry and their uses during these sessions wasn’t healthy so I left. He stifled a laugh and told me I must stick around during that day’s sessions. I did...very begrudgingly. 

36 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Working for a highly politicized City for 40+ years, I had to sit through many such sessions on anything that was the issue De Jour or for whatever group had their underwear in a knot at that particular moment and for who city council gave a sympathetic hearing.

You have my sympathy and understanding.

Pat I’d be like you! And Kid I don’t know how you did it.

Twenty-three years of military service taught me a few things:

1.  You LEAD PEOPLE, you manage assets

2.  You lead from the front

3.  Set the standard and live up to that standard

4.  Be firm but be fair.  If you’re treatment is consistent to everyone then they know what to expect

5.  Set the example or be the example

Now back to our originally scheduled program.

This is rumoured to be an early depiction of an ancestor of Pat's on his cycle.

Notice he had similar problems.

5ea76ada28df9.image.jpg

Good News!

It turns out the screws in my wrist aren’t into the joint after all. The screws are within the bones as the should be not out into the joint. 

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Good News!

It turns out the screws in my wrist aren’t into the joint after all. The screws are within the bones as the should be not out into the joint. 

Glad to hear that you were properly screwed!:P

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Glad to hear that you were properly screwed!:P

Funny...I didn’t look at it that way until now. :lol:

2 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

@patriot has offered his Colts Detective for plate of bacon and a banana split

That is truly a fabrication. 

I prefer hot fudge sundaes...

@Perro Del Diablo that is vicious, mean, degrading and totally inappropriate.

Wish I had thought of it!

Archived