SASS Wire Forum

Does the Marine Corps have Warrant Officers?

46 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I'm sure that's what the enlisted men said to one. But I was thinking more along the lines of a superior officer, or a civilian. Just being polite.

I think an superior officer would call him Mister. A civilian if not familiar with the ranks and uniforms might call them Sir. 

I remember being in the Nashville airport when I was in high school in my Military Academy uniform being saluted by recent Army boot camp graduates. I asked them why they were saluting us and they said they were told if the uniforms had stripes down the legs they should salute. I told them that we were just high school and that they didn't need to salute. Can't see the stripes on the pants but they are there.

IMG_20200412_0001.jpg

11 hours ago, Dustin Checotah said:

I think an superior officer would call him Mister. A civilian if not familiar with the ranks and uniforms might call them Sir. 

I remember being in the Nashville airport when I was in high school in my Military Academy uniform being saluted by recent Army boot camp graduates. I asked them why they were saluting us and they said they were told if the uniforms had stripes down the legs they should salute. I told them that we were just high school and that they didn't need to salute. Can't see the stripes on the pants but they are there.

IMG_20200412_0001.jpg

No doubt the combination of chevrons and trouser/sleeve stripes bamboozled them.

We used to get saluted when I was in OCS because we wore shiny brass on our fatigue collars. I never bothered to correct anybody. Just returned the salute.

• Like 1

My brother told me a story one time about being chewed out by this High School ROTC captain. Elder brudder had not saluted him, and since the high school punk was a captain, and my brother was only a lance corporal, he should have.:angry:

Elder brudder laughed at him.