SASS Wire Forum

Does the Marine Corps have Warrant Officers?

Alpo

46 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I'm sure that's what the enlisted men said to one. But I was thinking more along the lines of a superior officer, or a civilian. Just being polite.

I think an superior officer would call him Mister. A civilian if not familiar with the ranks and uniforms might call them Sir. 

I remember being in the Nashville airport when I was in high school in my Military Academy uniform being saluted by recent Army boot camp graduates. I asked them why they were saluting us and they said they were told if the uniforms had stripes down the legs they should salute. I told them that we were just high school and that they didn't need to salute. Can't see the stripes on the pants but they are there.

IMG_20200412_0001.jpg

11 hours ago, Dustin Checotah said:

I think an superior officer would call him Mister. A civilian if not familiar with the ranks and uniforms might call them Sir. 

I remember being in the Nashville airport when I was in high school in my Military Academy uniform being saluted by recent Army boot camp graduates. I asked them why they were saluting us and they said they were told if the uniforms had stripes down the legs they should salute. I told them that we were just high school and that they didn't need to salute. Can't see the stripes on the pants but they are there.

IMG_20200412_0001.jpg

No doubt the combination of chevrons and trouser/sleeve stripes bamboozled them.

We used to get saluted when I was in OCS because we wore shiny brass on our fatigue collars. I never bothered to correct anybody. Just returned the salute.

My brother told me a story one time about being chewed out by this High School ROTC captain. Elder brudder had not saluted him, and since the high school punk was a captain, and my brother was only a lance corporal, he should have.:angry:

Elder brudder laughed at him.

• 1 month later...

We had a Sea Badge training course The Upper Level Sea Scout version for Sea Scout adult leaders at the Great Lakes NTC. The trainees wear naval style officers uniforms with insignia depicting from Mates {ship -Unit Assistants) from council, Area, Regional to the National Commodore. They wear from 1 to 4 stars with the Sea Scout BSA anchor device. The poor Scout Leaders were saluted by every boot on the base. 

As we all know in boot camp you salute everything!!!!  

On 4/9/2021 at 2:54 PM, Trailrider #896 said:

When I was in the Air Force we did have a WO (don't recall his actual rank).  He was addressed as "Mr. Nugebaur", a finance expert.

My dad was a “Warrant Officer Junior Grade” (WOJG) in the USAF before he got busted down to A1 for beating hell out of a captain who “desperately needed it” according to his CO who I met many years later. According to the colonel, he would have been restored to WOJG within a month or two if he hadn’t decided to muster out instead.

This was at the end of the “Korean Conflict”.  When did the WO rank cease to be in the Air Force?

Archived