SASS Wire Forum

Car Warranty

Alpo

Having never bought a new car, I don't know. Approximately how long is the warranty on a new car?

I just got a call which I ignored, and amazingly they left a voicemail. "This is the final courtesy call before your warranty expires."

Since my newest vehicle is a 1986 Chevrolet Silverado, I'm really surprised to find out that the warranty has lasted 35 years.

We get those calls at least 4 times a day. I don't have the need for a land line but my gal doesn't want to get rid of it. Even on my cell, I get them about twice a week. The calls on both are always from the same area code and the numbers are usually the same. Why the FCC, or whoever has control over this stuff, doesn't do anything about is frustrating. It's quite obvious that they don't want to do anything about it. They are too busy trying to approve providers the ability to sell your information so that you receive targeted ads and the like.

I bought my vehicle brand new 23 years ago. The warrantee was 3 years/36,000 miles if I remember right. Some vehicles have a 10 year/100,000 mile warrantee these days. How good that warrantee is....who knows, I don't.

I used to get those calls, but over time my call blocking seems have caught up them and I’ve been relatively call-free for the past year. 

if you’re willing to stick with them for a minute you and they will find your vehicle is too old at more than 20 years. Might be a good way to get off their list?

One of the reasons nothing is done about robo calls is the exchanges that complete your call collect a fraction of a cent for every call that connects. As soon as you pick up the receiver the call is considered connected (even if you hang up right away) and the provider/exchange gets their fee. A fraction of a cent multiplied by millions a billions of calls generated is a lot money. 

It’s no different than when we had pay phones. If no one answered, you got your money back. They kept it when the other person answered the phone. 

On the News the other day .

They said a Lady found a bottle with a note in it on the beach .

She opened it and the Note Said .

Your cars warranty has expired and this is our final attempt too reach you  ! 

Screenshot_20191214-165650_Photos.thumb.jpg.2e8eee100556735a5b23a0ee4d6973a8.jpg

Got one of those calls on the city cell we're required to pack around at work.

I asked if they offered a fleet discount.

Click.

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

Having never bought a new car, I don't know. Approximately how long is the warranty on a new car?

I just got a call which I ignored, and amazingly they left a voicemail. "This is the final courtesy call before your warranty expires."

Since my newest vehicle is a 1986 Chevrolet Silverado, I'm really surprised to find out that the warranty has lasted 35 years.

Can you spell "scam"?  I knew you could.

18 hours ago, Alpo said:

Depends on the maker.  For new cars  6 years/60,000 miles is one I've heard, while Hyundai/Kia are doing 10 years/100,000 miles.

You can buy a warranty of sorts for some used vehicles, depending on age & condition.  I did that the last time I bought a used car.  I forget the exact terms, but it was fairly cheap and pretty much paid for itself the first time the car needed to be fixed.

I get those call also and when I have the time I will play with them a while.  When the call gets transfered to a person and they ask me about my car and what is it, I tell her it's a 47 Henway. After a few dead air moments she will come back and say I don't see it, what's a Henway? I say about 4 pounds , then good bye.

M.G.Shagnasty

Archived