SASS Wire Forum

Have you seen the price of corn?

Trigger Mike

We went to buy more seed to plant corn and my son came back from the feed store and said 8 pounds was 152.  I thought they cheated him but no, another feed store was the same.  

I checked the commodities market and sure enough corn is close to $2 a bushel more than it was last fall.  

Get ready for high everything soon.  Corn is in gas, sweeteners,  cereal, the list goes on.

Too bad that increase won't be reflected in the price HE receives for his corn after harvest!

Last time I talked to my dad they sold seed corn by the kernel. Didn't matter what the bag weighed what mattered was the number of kernels. Bag was certified to have so many kernels.

Single ear of corn at Walmart the other day was .80 I was going to get a few but decided that's too much for me. My favorite is corn on the cob and last year was the last one for the rest of my life I guess. See what the local farmers will be selling them for. Heard they are blaming that stuck ship in the Suez for everything.:(

3 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Feed corn = largest cash crop next to Soy beans in the mid-west. Cattle feed makes meat prices go up, and up, and up.  Can you say Tofu?

I can say Tofu, but that doesn't mean I'm going to eat it in place of a steak. :)

3 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Feed corn = largest cash crop next to Soy beans in the mid-west. Cattle feed makes meat prices go up, and up, and up.  Can you say Tofu?

That is how it should work.  Ultimately the buyer sets the price of beef and the rancher can get squeezed in the middle.

Archived