SASS Wire Forum

SOLD! Marlin 39a from 1945-46

Doc Moses

Doc Moses 111066  I need to thin the 'herd' to get a good rifle.  This is a nice Marlin to practice with, or just shoot cans in 22 lr.  24 inch barrel.  Cheap way to practice and a hoot to shoot!  I was going to re-blue it but when I looked up the serial number and saw its age I decided to sell as is. For me it is just a shooter but someone else may love the history and want it unchanged.  I have had it for 30+ years and it has always shot well for me.  The barrel has no bluing left and a light patina, it was that way when I 'saved' it from a pawn shop.  I think the rear sight is not original and the stock is missing the strap holder.  Check out the pictures.  Looking for $400 and we can split the shipping.  If you live near East Texas we can meet and save the hassle of shipping.  If there are no nibbles in a few days, I will list at GB, just wanted to give the SASS fam first shot if a classic old 22 lever is on your wish list.  Put any questions in comments then everyone can benefit.  Have a great day!

Marlin 1.jpg

Marlin5.jpg

Marlin3.jpg

Marlin7.jpg

Marlin4.jpg

Marlin.jpg

Nice rifle. I wish it was the “Mountie” model- you’d have a sale. Bump for a great little gun.

• Doc Moses changed the title to SOLD! Marlin 39a from 1945-46

Wish I'd had the money, surprised it lasted 1 1/2 hours!

Archived