SASS Wire Forum

CMP 1911 Round 2

Tall Tale Todd

I hope I do this time around!

Well, I gave up. I couldn’t get a notary to notarize my background check. Finally got that done then I couldn’t find my GCA card so I called them to get a letter proving membership and they forgot to send it and then one day I decided I wasn’t supposed to have one so I gave up...on March 4th. The deadline day. 

One more chance for someone else...you’re welcome. 

My buddy and I both sent in the paperwork.  He got his number yesterday, still waiting on mine.

Haven't got mine yet.

On 4/6/2021 at 11:46 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, I gave up. I couldn’t get a notary to notarize my background check. Finally got that done then I couldn’t find my GCA card so I called them to get a letter proving membership and they forgot to send it and then one day I decided I wasn’t supposed to have one so I gave up...on March 4th. The deadline day. 

One more chance for someone else...you’re welcome. 

I thought with the GCA you didn't need a card because they report their members to the CMP automagically.  It's been a couple years since I did it so my memory may be fuzzy.  But i recall that I joined the GCA because I couldn't find a good proof of membership for any of the other CMP associated clubs I was in. 

1 hour ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I thought with the GCA you didn't need a card because they report their members to the CMP automagically.  It's been a couple years since I did it so my memory may be fuzzy.  But i recall that I joined the GCA because I couldn't find a good proof of membership for any of the other CMP associated clubs I was in. 

Interesting. You’re correct. And I did have them report to CMP. 

Yep, here’s my sign...

Oh well. 

40 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Interesting. You’re correct. And I did have them report to CMP. 

Yep, here’s my sign...

Oh well. 

I was told the the pistol and rifle people are separate entities. Therefore you need to submit everything like a first time buyer . Not sure if that applies if you were in on round one which I was not 

15 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I was told the the pistol and rifle people are separate entities. Therefore you need to submit everything like a first time buyer . Not sure if that applies if you were in on round one which I was not 

Thank you. I decided not to bother. A CMP 1911 is a “nice to have”, not something I really need right now. I would prefer a couple more revolvers. 

5 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Did they email you or call ? And did they give you a choice of grade ? 

I got both the email and the phone call saying I'd been selected to purchase and i have 5 business days or they'll give my order away. No mention of choice of grade.

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Thank you. I decided not to bother. A CMP 1911 is a “nice to have”, not something I really need right now. I would prefer a couple more revolvers. 

I’m doing it hoping to get something I want. If I don’t from what I’ve seen it would be easy to get your money back out of it . Look at what people are doing with the Garands on gun broker 

• 1 month later...

I received my number and have been watching on the CMP forums to see the progression through the numbers. I suspect it will be a couple more months before they get to me.

On 4/8/2021 at 3:03 PM, Tall Tale Todd said:

I got both the email and the phone call saying I'd been selected to purchase and i have 5 business days or they'll give my order away. No mention of choice of grade.

So Triple-T, what's the status?  :)

On 4/8/2021 at 3:03 PM, Tall Tale Todd said:

So….did you get one?

Finally got my number 29233.  Looks like it will be a while.

12 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

So Triple-T, what's the status?  :)

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

So….did you get one?

Read it and weep, fellas.

20210415_155428_HDR.jpg

26 minutes ago, Tall Tale Todd said:

Read it and weep, fellas.

20210415_155428_HDR.jpg

Details, Doode...!  Details!  :lol:

Like... who made it?  :)

Edit:  Mebbe Colt, 1944...?  :rolleyes:

image.png.095cd1de8f0e42d773925ecce2b2a9fe.png

Ithaca slide (1943), Remington Rand frame.

Have to wait until later for any more detail. Won't be able to disassemble and inspect for a few days.

(TTT- Wanna trade slides?)

I felt lucky that I got a complete Rem Rand in the first round. 

Someone on the wire was looking for a specific Serial number Remington that he had been issued.  I wrote down the info somewhere in case I ever found it.  Now I can't find the info. 

Still waiting on mine. I did finally get my CMP Winchester M1 Garand from November 1944. An of course the same week they went to Stage One fire restrictions so no recreational shooting on state or federal property around me. Luckily I am a member of the Compass Training Center in Chino Valley so I may burn up a few clips tomorrow.

Archived