SASS Wire Forum

Springfield 1911

Mancino

I'm looking at all the choices for a SA 1911 and am not sure which are OK for the Wild Bunch.  These are the Mil-spec ones I can choose from:

PBD9108L

PB9108L

PB9108LCA

PB9151L

PB9151LCA

Any recommendations?

I have two PB9108L and love them! Just paint the white dots and you are pretty much ready to go for the Traditional Category.  I did change the slide spring to a lower strength and have never had any malfunctions with them. I also used Springfield mags with no problems.

Would be useful to know which class you plan on shooting.  Traditional is more restricted to options    GW

3 minutes ago, Mancino said:

I didn't know there were classes...Go with the most restrictions?

That depends.  Traditional requires you shoot duelist style while modern allows two hands.  Here's the link to the WB Shooter's Handbook.  Pistol info starts on page 4.  https://www.sassnet.com/Downloads/SASS WILD BUNCH Action Shooting Handbook Vers 15 3.5.21.pdf

Sure would make sense for you to attend at least one local Wild Bunch match where you can ask ALL the questions you need answered (including ones you did not realize you need to ask), and to see what other shooters favor - BEFORE you start buying your firearms.  No novice shooter is an expert unto himself.

good luck, GJ

39 minutes ago, Ozark Shark said:

That depends.  Traditional requires you shoot duelist style while modern allows two hands.  Here's the link to the WB Shooter's Handbook.  Pistol info starts on page 4.  https://www.sassnet.com/Downloads/SASS WILD BUNCH Action Shooting Handbook Vers 15 3.5.21.pdf

Yes, and a traditional legal gun can be shot in the modern category, but not vice versa.

I'm not familiar with the models, but I looked at all of them on Google Images, and they all look legal for Traditional if you paint the sight dots over, and they're all legal for Modern without painting the dots over.

Archived