SASS Wire Forum

22 lr shells

Chicago kidd

For the case or box of 50?  Dunno....  my local Walmart just had some boxes of 100 for $10 bucks per that I bought a few and left some for others.      So no more than that for me.  
but I’m sure that’s not the price you’re looking for.  

thunderbolts, golden bullets, american eagle, cci stingers?  brand and model would help.  

If it's a second tier manufacturer - I would not even consider buying.  The quality needed for reliable .22 ammo is hard even for first tier manufacturers to meet anymore.    My First tier - Federal, Lapua, Eley, SK, CCI.    Rem and Win are in process of falling off my first tier list  currently.

For bulk ammo that has good reliability, the basic price before scalping was about 6-8 cents a round. 

For good quality target ammo or high speed hunting ammo 12-16 cents a round.

Premium target ammo about 20 cents and up, up, up

Pandemic Scalping multiplies those price ranges by some random number.   Haven't bought any .22 ammo since February of 2020 for that very reason.

But then, it's YOU who is considering buying.  Pay what you think it's worth to have ammo in these times.....

good luck, GJ

I agree with you GJ, I had a brick of Winchester that many had to be struck 2x before going off.  Winchester / Olins refunded me for it, but I think their QC slipped up.

18 hours ago, Chicago kidd said:

I just came across a case is 1600  22 shells. There’s 32 boxes with 59 in a box. What would people pay for those 

Shells?  As in .22LR "pest control"  shotshells?  

or

The "usual". 22LR cartridges?  What brand and type?  (for instance, CCI has several different bullet wts and velocities)

federal black box?

I bought 20 cases when the D word store had them on sale for $59.99 with $20 rebate

$1.25 for box of 50 is the price when I was young

Over the years I have ended up with many defective rounds of Win and Rem .22 ammo, mostly purchased in bulk packaging.  Both brands have exhibited the same defect, out of spec bullets.   The bullets are are over diameter to the point of not chambering in revolvers or autos.  My eyes re not the best in the world BUT I swear that under close examination I would be able to see some sort of decomposition at the base of the bullet where it entered the brass and close visual exam would show that all rounds in the lot would have bullets that were far proud of the case dia.  This occurred often enough that I have found it strange that I have never seen it mentioned elsewhere(?????).  Now days I am strictly a CCI fan, they have always performed and been well worth the few extra cents pid for quality. 

Howdy,

Well this is the odd post of the week.

Add the info on the side of the box please.

This is not an auction site but if you want to skirt the rule.

Start offering at $5000 and drop it a few bucks from time to time.

If you want to sell them go to a gun range during regular hours

and I bet they sell fast.

But brand and so on will make or break a deal.

I wouldnt have thunderbolt but if they are velocitors....well.....

Best

CR

On 4/5/2021 at 8:58 PM, Chicago kidd said:

I just came across a case is 1600  22 shells. There’s 32 boxes with 59 in a box. What would people pay for those 

Bob, a friend of mine would pay $8 for all of them shipped.  There is this one guy i know that offered me $2476.22 for the same amount of ammo the other day, but the corners of some of his money was bent down, and you know what that means! So we didn’t sell to him,,,,,,,

Archived