SASS Wire Forum

The new reloading bench is built!

DeaconKC

We made our retirement move in December and have been trying to get everything squared away. Today I got my bench built for my new reloading area! Hopefully by this time next week I will have the Dillon mounted and up and running! Woo hoo!

Sy0WDU7.jpg

Great job. I went a similar direction after leaving behind my TuffShed shop (after retiring myself) ;)

Bought a Husky wooden workbench and went from there. Let’s see it when you get the Dillon up and running. 

I'm seeing a tidy and well organized start: you're using your space efficiently and taking advantage of natural light, and the adjustable blinds are a definite plus!
Looks like a dandy setup in the making!

10 hours ago, Derringer Dan said:

Great job. I went a similar direction after leaving behind my TuffShed shop (after retiring myself) ;)

Bought a Husky wooden workbench and went from there. Let’s see it when you get the Dillon up and running. 

Will do!

10 hours ago, watab kid said:

looking good , i like your reloading digs 

Thanks, when we got the place the Missus decided to paint the garage for me and we put in an epoxy floor.

5 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

I'm seeing a tidy and well organized start: you're using your space efficiently and taking advantage of natural light, and the adjustable blinds are a definite plus!
Looks like a dandy setup in the making!

Yup, light is good during daylight

2 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Glad to see you’re making progress.  Looks like you might need some LED lights in the corner, or if you can hang a fixture right over the bench.

And yup, will be putting in additional lights

Got the bench at Sam's Club, an Ultra HD bench. Cost $149 and is a beast. Great instructions! Went together easily, put a strip on the back and left edge to keep stray parts from rolling off it. I think I am going to get some T nuts and put them in from underneath so I can mount my Lee turret or Load alls easily and removable. I have it high enough I am going to keep a small rolling cart under it.

49 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Got the bench at Sam's Club, an Ultra HD bench. Cost $149 and is a beast. Great instructions! Went together easily, put a strip on the back and left edge to keep stray parts from rolling off it. I think I am going to get some T nuts and put them in from underneath so I can mount my Lee turret or Load alls easily and removable. I have it high enough I am going to keep a small rolling cart under it.

I didn’t want to bogart your post with any of my pics, but I’ve got to show you what I did. Due to the fact that I wasn’t able to drag my TuffShed along with me, I was able to earmark some monies to rebuild the loading area. Whatcha think about this-

I located the studs in the wall and anchored the table. There is no movement or shudder in the table at all. And the anvil on the vise rings true. Very happy to with the outcome. Once I heal up, the drywall will go up  :FlagAm:

810475A3-35E7-43C1-9422-82DCBEC62BA4.jpeg

58B9C19D-7051-4E80-8137-9933589FE08F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Derringer Dan said:

I didn’t want to bogart your post with any of my pics, but I’ve got to show you what I did. Due to the fact that I wasn’t able to drag my TuffShed along with me, I was able to earmark some monies to rebuild the loading area. Whatcha think about this-

I located the studs in the wall and anchored the table. There is no movement or shudder in the table at all. And the anvil on the vise rings true. Very happy to with the outcome. Once I heal up, the drywall will go up  :FlagAm:

810475A3-35E7-43C1-9422-82DCBEC62BA4.jpeg

58B9C19D-7051-4E80-8137-9933589FE08F.jpeg

Very, very nice!

2 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Very, very nice!

The ability to have cabinets that can roll in and out from the bottom was a huge bonus due to the tight spaces I was dealing with. Again, didn’t mean to hijack your thread... looking forward to seeing your completed setup!!

56 minutes ago, Derringer Dan said:

The ability to have cabinets that can roll in and out from the bottom was a huge bonus due to the tight spaces I was dealing with. Again, didn’t mean to hijack your thread... looking forward to seeing your completed setup!!

Definitely, when building the bench I measured the rollout rack I plan on using to make sure I would have clearance under the bench for it.

38 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

I just upgraded my bench with a steel organizer, Item 2KEJ9 from WWGrainger. Look it up it is great and reasonable in price.

Imis

That is nice, the 48" one is tempting but I already have plans for that space to hold all my Dillon toolheads for the 550. Plus, the Missus said something about how neat metal pegboard pack would look. Who am I to argue that?

Anchoring the bench to the wall is a definite plus!
Given you have a good heavy machine vise, you'll want it that solid!

17 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

I have 2 of those benches.

They are very well made, and you couldn't duplicate them for the price.

OLG 

Archived