SASS Wire Forum

Looking for cowboy shoots, formal or informal around Nacogdoches, Texas

F. Greysmoke ,#12093

Unfortunately ever since the Peace Makers were forced to close, the nearest club is Oakwood outlaws. They are an hour and a half away. One bonus is that they do allow camping at the range. If you have a trailer you can arrive Friday afternoon and stay through the Monday morning shoot.  Dry camping is free. The do have a few electric only R V spots for a small fee. Contact the range if this is something you can do. 

http://www.oakwoodoutlaws.org/events.html

You can contact the Match Director at the below clubs to see if any of their members live near you and can give you a ride. There is a good possibility that a shooter at one or more of the below clubs lives near you and would appreciate the company on the way too and from a match.

OakWood Outlaws

Texas Troublemakers

Old Fort Parker Patriots

Orange County Regulators

I do this for a fellow shooter and it works out really well.

1 hour ago, Texas John Ringo, SASS #10138 said:

Troublemakers are 92 miles from Nacogdoches, about an hour and half. IF they still shoot.

First Saturday of every month. Third Sunday we shoot a .22 rimfire only steel challenge match.

2 hours ago, F. Greysmoke ,#12093 said:

Ringo, my friend, so good to hear from you.

I've got a limp now but am doing fine.

You were always one of the pards that I liked to shoot with and more importantly to hang with.

You gone blackpowder yet? LOL

No black, haven't been doing much shooting in a while. My wife and I have custody of two grandsons and I hate going off shooting and having fun and she can't go. The 2 boys are 5 and 6 and are a real hand full. Their dad died in 2016 and their mother is cray as an outhouse rat. Would like to shoot with you again sometime.  

Hey there Greysmoke, I had about decided that you had gone into the witness protection program.  Just pack up and come to Oakwood, stay and shoot 3 days,  Saturday, Sunday and Monday.    There is a separate shoot each day and I will guarantee that you have never seen a shoot like the Monday group.

Blackfoot

Ringo, hang in there my friend, I'll have to wait another 10 years till grand kids and by then I'll probably be pushin' up daises.

Howdy Blackfoot (driffter), I just don't have as much steam as I use to, but I'm still full of B.S. and love to shoot just for the fun of it while being a clown at the same time, blackpowder can do that to you.

Archived