SASS Wire Forum

Companies That Stand Behind Their Product

Cypress Sun

Chili Ron's lighter thread got me to thinking.....what companies stand behind their product? Doesn't need to be shooting related.

I'll start with the obvious for shooters and reloaders

Dillon Precision Products

Ruger

Springfield Armory

Midwayusa is excellent as a vendor with returns. Exchanges. Etc.

Not shooting but outdoors related:  Osprey backpacks. 

I had one that was chewed on by a bear. (Long story. My own fault.). Osprey has a lifetime no questions guarantee so I called and asked if it applied to packs eaten by bears. 

Not only did they send me a new pack, but they let me give the old one to a local outfitter who used it as a teaching display so folks wouldn’t repeat my mistake. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Not shooting but outdoors related:  Osprey backpacks. 

I had one that was chewed on by a bear. (Long story. My own fault.). Osprey has a lifetime no questions guarantee so I called and asked if it applied to packs eaten by bears. 

Not only did they send me a new pack, but they let me give the old one to a local outfitter who used it as a teaching display so folks wouldn’t repeat my mistake. 

Smart marketing...

LL

Vortex has an unlimited no BS warranty. No matter what, they'll replace it. If you have a good story to go along with it they may feature it on their web page or put it on display in their store.

Chiappa.  I've only had 50% success buying Chiappa and they paid the shipping each time a gun was unsafe.  Then returned it in a few weeks.

Scheels Outfitters (the store brand) used to be anything with their name on it was lifetime.  Now it is everything but fishing rods are lifetime.  When that 20 year old coat pops a seam, bring it back, full credit towards anything in the store.

Rocky boots

Hi-Point

Boyd's Gunstocks

I have had personal experience with these companies standing behind their products 100%:

Ruger, Dillon Precision, RCBS, Henry Repeating Arms,  Nosler, Leupold, Burris, Swarovski Optics, El Paso Saddlery, Winston Fly Rods, Crispi Hunting Boots, Kuiu and  Canyon Coolers.  These are companies that were there when needed and are not a custom shop.  Sadly there is a long list of companies that did not come through  when needed.   Always do your research and shop informed.

Honorable mention:   The original Marlin Firearms Company.

6 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Ferber knives have been good to me 

Gerber?

The problem with this list is that one customer's experience may be completely different than another's. Everyone tells me that CZ and Ruger are top-notch and stand behind their products. My experience with both was being stuck with a defective or damaged firearm they would not fix under warranty. At the same time, people like to bash Colt's customer service, yet the one time I needed them they took care of me immediately. As always, your mileage (and experience) may vary.

33 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

The problem with this list is that one customer's experience may be completely different than another's. Everyone tells me that CZ and Ruger are top-notch and stand behind their products. My experience with both was being stuck with a defective or damaged firearm they would not fix under warranty. At the same time, people like to bash Colt's customer service, yet the one time I needed them they took care of me immediately. As always, your mileage (and experience) may vary.

That is true of all companies I guess. I will say that Dillon has come thru every time that I've broke a part or had one fail. They even overnighted a part to me when I procrastinated loading bullets for a big match and broke a critical part on my 550B. They didn't have to do that at all. I've had to call them for broken parts, they've never batted an eye and shipped out the part or parts promptly. I've never had to contact any of the other companies that you all have listed but have some of their products...not all of the companies but some.

It's always good to know of companies that stand behind their product. One day, I may have the need for some of their wares.

Kind of shooting related. I built a 2 drawer gun vault for the new Jeep Gladiator a pard bought.  When I had one of the Kaba Simplex locks apart to do a master reset I dropped a cast aluminum piece on the concrete  shop floor and a corner that holds a mounting screw broke off. I sent an email to their tech department and within 45 minutes they responded and I had the replacement part in 2 days, no charge even though I told them I broke it.

Everki - Had one of their backpacks with some minor wear after several years of daily use.  Can't even recall why I brought it to their attention, but I didn't expect them to send me a new one after seeing the pictures.  They asked me to destroy the old one. 

Had a good experience with Taurus years ago.  Sent a gun in for 1 problem, they fixed 2 other things that I had broke through stupidity and another items that I didn't even know was broke. 

Kel Tech is kind of iffy.  I had a gun they'd put together wrong but they didn't believe me or my gunsmith.  They used a bunch of weasel words that made me think they were going to charge the service fee regardless.  In the end they did not and they installed the replacement part I had been trying to install.  With them it seems like the techs themselves stand behind their products but the customer service reps aren't supposed to admit it. 

FMK - A gun maker in california.  I don't think much of their guns, but I have to admit they stand behind their product.  When mine was new it was having trouble going back into battery.  When I sent it to them they fixed the problem, upgraded the trigger and polished the internals.  It's striker fired so the trigger is still terrible, but it is better. 

Leatherman....Had one that was ancient-finally broke tip off of pliers (I didnt even buy it-got it off a boat that was sinking that we salvaged)

They sent me a brand new $150 Leatherman Surge to replace it-no questions asked. That old leatherman was at least 21 years old.

Thats a damn good lifetime warranty.

Archived