SASS Wire Forum

Aloha Y'all! New (pending) Pard Moseying into Town

Joeronimo Caffiend

I've lured a bit around here for a few months and have decided to take the plunge today (did my on-line SASS application 30minutes ago) on my first post; all because of a little stop I make in the stagecoach from Nebraska to Tennessee; LO AND BEHOLD, I found all my .45 Colt needs fulfilled at one location! (Blessed be the 840 of Nashville!)

The goodies...NOW WITH PICS:

Uberti el Patron SS 4.75"

Pietta Sheriff Ni 3.5"

Taurus C45 Bl (Colt Lightning clone; stop laughing, I KNOW the reputation for the Thunderbolt)

Zhong Zhou PW87 Bl (I'm glad I could make you laugh again)

Box of Atomic 200gr RNFP

Out-the-door damage to the wallet was under $2300; which is substantially less than I was expecting to pay for my first deep-dive (I stuck a toe in last year with a Henry 410  lever- I think of it as my cross-over "black gun") into the reel gun realm (I'm a recovering black gun user) where it reads that everyone is on the same page.

Jc_Ub45elpatron_Pi45Sheriff.jpg

Jc_12gpW87_C45_clones.jpg

Jc_HenryX410.jpg

DAMNATION!  Forgot to tell y'all that I expect my SASS name to be Joeronimo Caffiend!

Happy Trails!

Welcome to the place!

52 minutes ago, CaffineFiend said:

DAMNATION!  Forgot to tell y'all that I expect my SASS name to be Joeronimo Caffiend!

Happy Trails!

Well, I doubt you will have to worry to much about that alias already being taken. :)

Welcome.  Good luck with the Taurus!

1 hour ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Well, I doubt you will have to worry to much about that alias already being taken. :)

Welcome.  Good luck with the Taurus!

Lawd, I hope there is nobody else so addicted to coffee and name puns as myself out there

1 hour ago, watab kid said:

welcome and double damnation what the heck is that wrinkly think on top of that rifle ??? 

You mean the shotgun; it is one of the accoutrements used in the dark art of black gun magic to achieve supernatural accuracy.  Like the ported XF choke in the smokey end......

(Henry H018X-410)

You may have a small issue with the shotgun.

Shotgun Gauges
 - Side-by-side, single shot, and lever action shotguns must be centerfire of at least 20 gauge and no larger the 10 gauge.
- Slide action shotguns must be centerfire of at least 16 gauge and no larger than 12 gauge.
 - Side-by-side, single shot, and lever action centerfire shotguns in .410 caliber and 28 or 32 gauge are allowed within the Buckaroo Category only.

SHB PAGE 38

Otherwise that’s a nice brace of guns you managed to get.  PM me when you get a chance IRT upcoming match.

7 hours ago, CaffineFiend said:

Lawd, I hope there is nobody else so addicted to coffee and name puns as myself out there

No caffiene for me, but...I am punny.   Now go get yourself a good hat and i will see you in Wartrace down the line.

Imis

Welcome! We all had to start somewhere. Interesting choice of weaponry. Then again, I tend to run out of the norm as well; ran a pair of '75 Remingtons for a long time and still use my '92. Best of luck!

Plenty of people will be happy to talk cowboy guns around here. Come to the saloon and ask about coffee once in a while. Plenty of coffee drinkers and caffein connoisseurs around these parts. Myself being one. :D

Welcome!

13 hours ago, CaffineFiend said:

Happy Trails!

I love the alias.

5 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

You may have a small issue with the shotgun.

Shotgun Gauges
 - Side-by-side, single shot, and lever action shotguns must be centerfire of at least 20 gauge and no larger the 10 gauge.
- Slide action shotguns must be centerfire of at least 16 gauge and no larger than 12 gauge.
 - Side-by-side, single shot, and lever action centerfire shotguns in .410 caliber and 28 or 32 gauge are allowed within the Buckaroo Category only.

SHB PAGE 38

Otherwise that’s a nice brace of guns you managed to get.  PM me when you get a chance IRT upcoming match.

TS, I suspect he's planning on using the 12 ga. Model '87 for a CAS gun, not the .410 Henry.  ;)

Angus

Welcome, and you are in for a lot of praticing with that rifle shotgun combo until you get the hang of them.  I shoot an '87 and it took me several years to get comfortable with it and every now and again I forget to run that lever hard out. ;)

11 hours ago, CaffineFiend said:

If you make it to KS sometime, we'll brew up a storm for you.  I recommend coming here before I finish off the Ethiopian beans my dad picked up in Addis Ababa on his last trip.

2 hours ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

I love the alias.

TS, I suspect he's planning on using the 12 ga. Model '87 for a CAS gun, not the .410 Henry.  ;)

Angus

He shouldn’t use that ‘87, he should sell it to me instead :ph34r: ;) I love train wrecks :lol:

Welcome to the club.  Hope you enjoy yourself as much as I have over the years.

Welcome to the Fire Joeronimo! Hopefully we will see you shooting in and around Chattanooga soon. If you have any questions about the local clubs or SASS in general feel free to reach out via PM. I will try to answer whatever questions you might have.

17 hours ago, CaffineFiend said:

I think you might be surprised, we're a very punny group round here.  But I think the name is safe just the same.  If it's not, add in something about a train conductor for all the trainwrecks you'll be presiding over due to your choice in guns. 

Welcome pard - don't worry as much about the guns so long as they pass the rules, it's your starter kit... soon you'll have more cowboy guns than you'll know what to do with.

With your alias brace of guns you are going to have a "blast" get it. Hahaha that is punny. Welcome!

A Texas sized "mahalo y'all" to everyone for welcoming me!

Archived