SASS Wire Forum

CCI primers

GC Gringo

You have the documentation to ship primers?

From UPS.com (my bold):

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/packaging-and-supplies/special-care-shipments/hazardous-materials/shipping-ammunition.page

UPS accepts for transportation such ammunition as constitutes "cartridges, small arms," as defined in 49 C.F.R. § 173.59. All other allowable ammunition shipments are accepted only on a contractual basis, and must be prepared under the rules for a fully regulated hazardous material.

Primers come under "other allowable ammunition, contractual means jumping through a lot of hoops with training and certification to establish a contractual basis. But no doubt you can sell them F2F local to you!

Primers are under a completely different category than ammunition. They are considered explosives where as ammunition is not. Primers require a hazmat certification to ship, which is more costly and difficult to obtain than a hazmat fee you'd pay for ammunition.

It is nearly impossible to legally ship primers. It requires a hazmat certification and special permitting. Good luck.

I'm Hazmat certified for my work and can vouch for that.

The Haz certification is done through DOT. It's not terribly hard, mostly just annoying. I update it every 2 years to stay on top of regs. It's around $500 and about 6 hours of instruction followed by a test, if you are interested in doing that send me a PM and I can point you to an online school.

Well, then you have permitting issues... Can't say anything about that unfortunately.

Thank you gentlemen for the heads up . I will probably take them to a local SASS club near me . I do have an assortment of brass that I can press them into as well which would make them legal to ship being ORM-D

Hey TC cowboy.  We are neighbors.  I live in Dickinson.  I know you could off load these in a hurry at a local gun show like Pasadena.  

Where you planning on shooting?   I practice at PSC.    Pm me you info. 

skinny

2 hours ago, TC Cowboy said:

Thank you gentlemen for the heads up . I will probably take them to a local SASS club near me . I do have an assortment of brass that I can press them into as well which would make them legal to ship being ORM-D

Just thought I'd point something out,

It is perfectly legal under federal law to make your own ammunition. However, once you start to make ammunition with the intent to sell it, you need a FFL

Priming brass with the intent to sell is considered "manufacturing ammunition"

Keep your powder dry,

The Bearded Wonder

Non-GunBroker pricing (if still in stock, per Ammoseek) is 19 cents each, plus sales tax and shipping, on sale with no hazmat fee.

A little over a year ago, I was buying 9mm ammo for less than that per round in my hands.

16 cents each is not a bad price today. If I needed them and they were local, I would not feel bad about taking this offer. Sure, a nickel each would be better; but this is still not GunBroker auction pricing, it is below current retail. And he has them!

4 hours ago, Patagonia Pete said:

What is your SASS Alias??

I missed it somehow .. 

TC Cowboy or TC anything isn't coming up in the search ...

https://sassnet.com/AliasLookup.php

Hello Patagonia Pete,

This gentleman's alias is actually GC Gringo, but, when he first created his forum account he used TC Cowboy. With member settings, you cannot change your display name on your own, it has to be done from the administrative side. I have went ahead and updated this new members display name on his forum account so that his alias is correctly displayed.

Best,

Ruby Ruthless #105922

SASS Club Administrator

3 hours ago, Ruby Ruthless SASS#105922 said:

Hello Patagonia Pete,

This gentleman's alias is actually GC Gringo, but, when he first created his forum account he used TC Cowboy. With member settings, you cannot change your display name on your own, it has to be done from the administrative side. I have went ahead and updated this new members display name on his forum account so that his alias is correctly displayed.

Best,

Ruby Ruthless #105922

SASS Club Administrator

Oh yeah, like Ruby Ruthless is your real alias.:lol::ph34r:

3 hours ago, Ruby Ruthless SASS#105922 said:

Hello Patagonia Pete,

Best,

Ruby Ruthless #105922

SASS Club Administrator

Cool ... Thanks!! s13.gif.3c08ad099d6eb0df8c2463a70ee15e72.gif

That's outstanding .. because (of course) the Alias is the only way we have to check for someone we don't know. 

Archived