SASS Wire Forum

Blessings tomorrow for Easter...

As I think of what this weekend means to me... I think of the many that don't know the 'true' meaning of Easter.

I enjoy the Easter Bunny, the coloring of eggs, ect...but always made sure my children understood what was given for us...

God's only son.

So, as I cook the usual ham, brussel sprouts and 'taters...and enjoy the blessings bestowed on me and mine...I will be sending out love and blessings to you, our SASS family.

We will watch the Ten Commandments to top off the day.

Wishing all the best of days!

Indeed He is risen!

9 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I found this...and it really was 'peace' reading it.

I believe I will spend sometime on the porch at Sunset...in Silent Saturday reflection.

https://www.olivetree.com/blog/silent-saturday-before-easter/

Great and Holy Saturday - Troparion & Kontakion

Troparion — Tone 2

When You descended to death, O Life Immortal, / You slayed hell with the splendor of Your Godhead, / and when from the depths You raised the dead, / all the Powers of Heaven cried out, / O Giver of Life, Christ our God, glory to You!

Kontakion — Tone 6

He who shut in the depths is beheld dead, / wrapped in fine linen and spices. / The Immortal One is laid in a tomb as a mortal man. / The women have come to anoint Him with myrrh, / weeping bitterly and crying: / “This is the most blessed Sabbath / on which Christ has fallen asleep to rise on the third day!”

And: 

Archived