Big Pharma

Utah Bob #35998

3o pills

$21,000.00

No extra charge for the side effects.

5506A8F1-6F8D-410B-A4D5-D6218A3ADCB1.jpeg

Praying here

Prayers continuing for you both. 

I will stop complaining about one of my prescriptions where the generic is $300.00 a month.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

3o pills

$21,000.00

No extra charge for the side effects.

5506A8F1-6F8D-410B-A4D5-D6218A3ADCB1.jpeg

I hope insurance covers that! Outrageous!

My mom is in the same predicament. They got you and they know it . I don’t know what the answer is but I see us waisting so much money in this country on insane things and then doing this to the people who need the medicine just to stay alive. I understand that the pharmaceutical companies need to recoup their r&d costs but in allot of cases it seems they exploit that 

Prayers heading your way from the Northern side of the Medicine Line.

The drug companies are prevented from producing generics for a number of years so that they original manufacturer can get back the money they spent to develop whatever drug.

I spent over $9,000.00 out of pocket last year on medications for myself.  If it weren’t for the clinical study that Schoolmarm is in, there is no telling what we might have spent for her cancer meds!!

Fortunately, those meds are working for the most part.

Add our prayers to those offered by others on your behalf!!

Utterly outrageous price!

My baby sis had breast cancer.

One of her meds was a single, radioactive pill of some kind that she said cost as much as a house payment.

She called up her oncologist and expressed her disappointment with the lack of effect of this single pill.

This took him by surprise, as she'd always been a kindly and soft spoken sort, and he said "Why are you disappointed?"

She said "That pill cost me just under ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS!  When I got home, I took that radioactive pill and washed it down with a good glass of water.  I grabbed a hand mirror and went into the closet and pulled the door shut.  For that kind of money I expected to light up like a hundred watt bulb!"

Baby Sis is a survivor.

Even in one of the lowest moments of her life, she could both make a statement about cost, and get a laugh doing it!

They should come with a cookie sheet to put under the bottle when opening, you couldn't afford to have one fall to the floor & get lost.

I would have to ask myself...

What are the side effects? 

How effective, are these things, for whatever they were prescribed for? What is the success rate? 

How much will my insurance pay on these things? 

Do I have any other choice in the matter?

I need more than one opinion on this.

Makes one wonder...if one is not rich, and can't afford this, then depending on your financial situation, or insurance coverage, it could mean your life and your health is very much tied to how wealthy you are....or....are not. No new revelation there. We all know that, if we have lived very long.  

It is sobering to know that there are pills, out there, that cost this much.

I understand the laws of economics, and gain/profit, and return on investment. Still...I have to think there has got to be a better solution out there, somehow, someway. Maybe not...but I have to hope.

If there is a better way...and the powers-that-be know about it, but are ignoring it...I would hate to be in their shoes come judgment day. 

2 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Holy Crap! UB, I know some of my wife's are pricey and one of mine is, but nothing close to that!Prayers your way and hopefully the Lazy Bob will be found to be sitting on a gold deposit!:o:(:o:o:o:blink::blush: 

Won’t do any good. Got no mineral rights.

2 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I would have to ask myself...

What are the side effects? 

How effective, are these things, for whatever they were prescribed for? What is the success rate? 

How much will my insurance pay on these things? 

Do I have any other choice in the matter?

I need more than one opinion on this.

Makes one wonder...if one is not rich, and can't afford this, then depending on your financial situation, or insurance coverage, it could mean your life and your health is very much tied to how wealthy you are....or....are not. No new revelation there. We all know that, if we have lived very long.  

It is sobering to know that there are pills, out there, that cost this much.

I understand the laws of economics, and gain/profit, and return on investment. Still...I have to think there has got to be a better solution out there, somehow, someway. Maybe not...but I have to hope.

If there is a better way...and the powers-that-be know about it, but are ignoring it...I would hate to be in their shoes come judgment day. 

We=have asked all of those questions. And the answers suck.

2 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

That pill has some nasty side effects, especially GI.

Yeah we know. She had no side effects from the last medication. Doctor said she hit a home run. Unfortunately it stopped working after about 10 months. Not doing as good on this one.

5 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Lordy!  I hope your insurance covers it all. 

Fingers crossed.

My wife has been on cancer drugs for the past 7 years that have cost $20,000, every single month. That is not a typo. 

Fortunately the scientific trial has borne the cost of those pills, but not the cost of 4 times per year each MRI & CT scans. 

The side effects are free of charge. 

and I think I have reason to complain?

God help us everyone.

Archived