SASS Wire Forum

Eagle Gunfighter Grips for Vaqueros

bgavin

They are just a skosh wider above the web between your thumb and forefinger. Helps reduce muzzle flip from recoil on a plow handle grip.

Jump to 1:25 and watch until about the 3:00 minute mark. I think it might answer your question. The Story behind Eagle Grips Grips, Gunfighter Grip - YouTube

3 hours ago, bgavin said:

I searched through the site, but only found For Sale posts...

I'm trying to understand what these grips are, and why they are so popular.

The main consideration for me is that Ruger grips are just too thick for me to get my hands around comfortably.  I can get a better grip on the gun, with the pad of my finger on the trigger, using the slimmer grips on my "old model" Vaqueros.

29 minutes ago, bgavin said:

I keep seeing how this applies to plowhandle grips, but no mention so far for Bisley grips.

Have you bothered doing any research like look at the Eagle website?

https://www.eaglegrips.com/75-ruger-bisley-grips

14 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Have you bothered doing any research like look at the Eagle website?

How insulting.  Next time, try using a bit of tact.

I am asking here, for real-world experience from real-world shooters.

I have the gunfighter grips on both sets of my Ruger New Vaqueros. They feel a lot more comfortable than the original grips. They are also checkered, so I think the grip doing humid weather is much better. 

45 minutes ago, McCandless said:

The main consideration for me is that Ruger grips are just too thick for me to get my hands around comfortably.  I can get a better grip on the gun, with the pad of my finger on the trigger, using the slimmer grips on my "old model" Vaqueros.

Exactly the same reason.  I also have "old" vaqueros.  It was a very good decision to buy these grips.

The Bisley grip is thin at the bottom, no flare. They're kind of flat for a better grip, especially if you like a smaller profile. They're the very best that I have ever found, all that I use.

Archived