SASS Wire Forum

NRA on Remington

Lazy Eeyour

7 hours ago, Lazy Eeyour said:

NRA reports that the new Remington is again producing ammunition.

Good timing on getting another plant manufacturing ammunition!  

Vista Outdoors (parent of Federal and CCI and several other firearms related companies) is the conglomerate company that bought the Remington ammunition line from bankruptcy sale and has been producing  ammunition at the existing Lonoke, Arkansas, plant (which Remington built) for several months now.  They have been reporting one of their biggest bumps in the road is getting many of the previous workers rehired and retrained so the plant can step up to full production.  They intend to produce all of the Remington ammo lines, with no immediate plans to change much, and keep the Remington brand alive.  It's good info, but not necessarily "news" at this point.

I've seen estimates that Lonoke being down had turned off about 20% of the total shotshell production in the US 

So, it's certainly not the much-wished for NEW production capability in the ammo business, nor was their restart timing "just because there was a shortage", but it is really good that Lonoke is back in operation. Vista Outdoors has much deeper pockets than the Remington owners had, so they should be able to reach full production and keep it there for years to come, with many fewer feed stock shortage problems, and perhaps even fix some recent quality assurance problems.

good luck, GJ

The small light, at the end of a very long tunnel????

Or...

The small light, of an oncoming freight train, at the end of a very long tunnel???

The passing of time, should tell. 

Meanwhile...we wait...and hope, for better things.

It beats a stick in the eye.

I pass by the Lonoke facility from time to time, this past week the employee lot was quite a bit fuller than I've seen it in the past... and this was in the evening, just before dark, a time which indicates they're running more than one shift!

1 hour ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

The small light, of an oncoming freight train

Sounds like the Cubs fan who says, when the Cubs finally win the Series, "Well, wait till next year and they will be stinkers again."  

I think we ought to appreciate Vista jump starting a Remington plant.

good luck, GJ

23 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Sounds like the Cubs fan who says, when the Cubs finally win the Series, "Well, wait till next year and they will be stinkers again."  

I think we ought to appreciate Vista jump starting a Remington plant.

good luck, GJ

Snicker.

As opposed to Red Sox fans who merely point out that we've won more World Series titles in the twenty first century than any other team and expect more.  

Archived