SASS Wire Forum

Mask?

Chili Ron

Howdy,

After gettin one shot and appt for the second, I hear we might be wearing

masks longer than we thought.

Ive been using the napkin on two string masks. Free at hospital visit.

I was walking thru a store and noticed a different mask.

It goes around the neck with no strings.  The strings like to get

wrapped around my glasses making extra fuss.

My sister calls it a gaitor mask. I dont care what its called.

I put it around my neck in the morning and put it up or down

as the situation calls for. 

No fuss with glasses.

NO going way back to the car.

This might come in handy for pards wearing SUNglasses this summer.

I wash the neck mask every night and hang it up. So far its nice and dry every morning.

And nothing keeps you from switching from one to the other as needed.

And they do come different sizes in spite of the one size fits all label.

For me the neck mask fogs my glasses LESS. 

YMMV

Best

CR

NOTE: I have no idea as to how effective any mask designmight be.

I have never seen any sort of chart on effectiveness or even how it is measured...

Virus per meter maybe??

I just dont like gettin yelled at two steps inside a store.

All hear say evidence in my book.

Surgeons use a different mask in the OR.

My son has been using one for his lawn care business for quite a while. He also likes it for his EMT gig. I'm going to get one myself as it would be good at work.

Just FYI you can get anti fog lens spray for your glasses.

With hot weather approaching. I wonder if those neck gaiters are comfortable.

14 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Just FYI you can get anti fog lens spray for your glasses.

They sell "Cat Crap" spray at Wallyworld and it does work.

Sam's Club has anti fog spray in little spritz bottles, three in a package, it's in their optical section. I think about seven-fifty. Stuff works great.

My wife uses those Neck Gaiters (her spelling, I like gators better) at work all day as a CT tech.

When this started and my company required a mask I bought 3 shemaghs. Dessert tan od green and white all with black bias. Wrap as per normal wild rag pull em up as needed for social situations. Stylish allows me to conform to mask regulations, many uses, but no protection at the micron level.

Howdy,

Just try going a minute without a mask in a store.

Two steps and I get bitced out like Im stealing her kid.

I never said anything about effectve.

Best

CR

I’ve got a question.  Since I’ve gotten both my Maderna shots why do I have to wear a mask?  I thought the whole idea of the shots was to get us back to normal.

1 hour ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Just try going a minute without a mask in a store.

Two steps and I get bitced out like Im stealing her kid.

I never said anything about effectve.

Best

CR

I never wear one in public, and rarely get hassled. Maybe it's just my grumpy look, or the 1911 I carry, either way, they tend to leave me alone. 

22 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I’ve got a question.  Since I’ve gotten both my Maderna shots why do I have to wear a mask?  I thought the whole idea of the shots was to get us back to normal.

You have to wear a mask because the Commie Bas@#$ds, (sorry mods), in charge want to be able to continue to tell you what to do, in the hope that by conditioning you to do as they say,  you'll blindly obey next time the try it.:angry: I won't.:FlagAm:

1 hour ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Normal might be 4 years away...If lucky...And we can make a come back...

Texas Lizard

2 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Out of courtesy for others until this mess is over.

I'm thinking of those National Geographic films showing the mass migration of wildebeest.   They come to the river and bunch up. Then one jumps in and followed by two until the whole hurd jumps in.  Most make.  Some don't.  I think we are about at this point. 

6 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

The masks, except for the N95, have never been particularly effective in protecting the wearer. They have said that for months. What the mask is for is to prevent the spread should you have the virus. All the research shows that with a mask on you are going to have a much reduced outflow of possible virus containing droplets.
Now, 5he problem is that even if we are now immunized and there’s almost no chance of spreading it, there’s no way to tell the vaccinated from the unprotected so the mask protocol stays in place unless they come up with  something like, oh I don’t know, maybe a patch to wear that shows we’re different from the rest of the population. But I don’t think we want to go there do we? :blink:

So until the rate of new cases come down nationwide I’ll just put up with the pita mask when I’m shopping. I can handle it. And anybody that thinks I’m a sheep or lemming can KMA.

8 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Looks like your covid Vacine has efected your speling

Maybe those that refuse the shots have to wear a 6 pointed gold star?

22 minutes ago, Noz said:

Maybe those that refuse the shots have to wear a 6 pointed gold star?

Why? I'm not getting the shot because I don't need it. I already had the covid, so I already have the antibodies in my system. If I didn't mention it in this thread, I did in another; My wife tested positive in February, so my employer made me go into lockdown with her. being in the same house, in close proximity, sleeping in the same bed, I didn't get it again. I don't need the shot!

If I'm taking your comment wrong. I apologise in advance. I'm just sick and tired of the whole thing being made so much worse than it should be. 

I don't wish ANYBODY any ill feelings, I just think that, as they say, "This too shall pass."

19 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

17 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I haven't decided one way or the other. It just boggles my mind why someone who has had the shots would need to wear a mask.

If the shots work in preventing the virus, they are already protecting those people who haven't had the shots.

When I read something logical about the effectiveness of getting the shots that does not require you to continue wearing a mask, maybe I will be able to decide to get mine too.

18 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Excellent answer, BQ.  Some have forgotten about courtesy these days.

I tried my first neck gaiter a few years ago and it choked me, it was so tight.  Tried a couple since then and had the same result.  But recently I ran across the XL versions and they do not choke me.  All they do is hurt my nose, but I do breath pretty well through them. 

I've noticed a few places where they specifically say neck gaiters are not allowable masks.  That's why the best policy is to just not wear one at all. 

Archived