SASS Wire Forum

Scarce Ammo and Reloading Supplies is Going to Get Even Worse ...

John Boy

Honestly I think we are seeing price increases (Inflation) in almost everything.  At some point the printing of money is going to cause problems and raise prices across the board.  I think it’s already happening.   Housing market is outrageous, new pickups are double or more what they were 20 years ago.   Honestly I am not sure how someone on in an entry level job can afford to live. 

The bottom line in all of this is something my dad taught me and was reinforced in the Boy Scouts (before they were destroyed). BE PREPARED! It's not hoarding to keep some backup supplies or to keep the tank full. IT'S SMART! 

My dad said something to me too. He died in 1991, but for years before, he had said that one day the govt would be coming for our bang-bangs.

Most said he was crying wolf and that would not happen in good ole America. Well, here we are. Look around people! Border's a mess, IDs to go to a concert but not to vote or get into the country, TRILLION after trillion appropriated for who knows what AND there are MANY plots to get your tools. We are in trouble folks and if the 5+ mil plus new owners (WITH existing owners) don't stand up for 2A and get the problems out of office rather than vote the same old back in because "they're my party" or "they haven't been TOO bad". If they don't do what you've elected them to, GET THEM OUT! Or we will be Venezuela. Think I'm exaggerating? Look around

2 hours ago, Still hand Bill said:

new pickups are double or more what they were 20 years ago.  

It only takes 3.5% inflation per year (or increased gadgets on the truck) to do that to prices.   Just our inflation rate over the last 20 years has averaged 2.5%.  

Considering that most folks are now buying pickups with 10+ cameras, a video display or two, an extra cabin row and doors, fancy entertainment centers, navigation, 4WD, and tons of other baubles in them -

Pickups are relatively rather cheap.  :o

Housing market is outrageous,

But the mortgage interest rates have been at historic lows for several years.   The two could be related, you think?  Folks like to buy when mortgages are cheap.

good luck, GJ

On 4/4/2021 at 6:23 PM, Buckshot Bob said:

Honestly if they are following the law and not maintaining records they shouldn’t know right? Although I don’t believe for a second they are not maintaining records 

With the numbers I have put up this year, I have expected a knock on the door.

Not rookie numbers.

16 hours ago, Chert Rock Chuck said:

With the numbers I have put up this year, I have expected a knock on the door.

Not rookie numbers.

Beto - Hmm, how many doors am I going to have to knock on?

gettyimages-982193218.jpg

On 4/3/2021 at 7:51 AM, Baltimore Ed said:

Ammo and component manufacturers are not stupid. They’re thinking why should we give away our products that are being marked up by retailers and then severely marked up by scalpers and that the consumer is still willing to buy. Until they get to a point that their products are sitting unsold on the shelves the sky's the limit. Kinda of like when the airlines realized that they could generate millions of dollars of revenue by nickel and dimeing the flying public by charging extra for what used to be included in the cost of a ticket.

Except that flying is cheaper now than it has ever been...... (Pandemic problems aside) 

They’re just trying to jumpstart things to overcome the public’s fear of traveling. Personally I think flying is not the risk, it’s the crowds in the terminals and of course your destination that I would be leery of. When things get back to the new [abby]normal and the planes are full see what happens to your nickels and dimes. 

Archived