SASS Wire Forum

Hey, Hardpan!

Subdeacon Joe

Dennis is right, ya know~!  :lol:

An Eagle is an Eagle for life.   ;)   :FlagAm:

From April, 2019:

Lamar Ernest Wallace, a World War II veteran who was believed to be the oldest living Eagle Scout, died on March 31, 2019. He was 107.

Wallace earned Scouting’s highest honor on Sept. 17, 1927, in Gotebo, Okla., meaning he could wear his Eagle medal proudly for nearly 92 years.

Lamar-Ernest-Wallace.jpg?resize=214%2C300&ssl=1                        Lamar-Wallace-by-Bill-Torpy.jpg?resize=678%2C381&ssl=1                    Eagle Scout (Boy Scouts of America) - Wikipedia

I'm pretty proud to be able to say that I have chaired or participated in well over a hundred Eagle Scout Boards of Review.  

2 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Dennis is right, ya know~!  :lol:

An Eagle is an Eagle for life.   ;)   :FlagAm:

From April, 2019:

I'm pretty proud to be able to say that I have chaired or participated in well over a hundred Eagle Scout Boards of Review.  

Thanks,  Hardpan.   I  figured you would like it.  That's why I put it in a separate thread rather than just putting it in the cartoon thread. 

I gotta share this:

One of the requirements of earning the Eagle rank is the Eagle Project.  Simple or very complex, the main requirement of the project is that the candidate demonstrate leadership of at least two other individuals.  

I've seen some amazing projects, but one of my favorites was the young man who organized a Senior Prom.

Senior Prom??  How can this be?? I asked in my mind when we were told of the project.

When I was handed his Project Report, I was astonished:  Indeed, the lad had organized a Senior Prom... for true Seniors!

He had recruited volunteers, arranged catering, a DJ, and everything else required for a prom - for the residents of a nursing home and members of a community senior center!  :blush:

It was so cool!  I still remember the pictures of these very mature and totally delighted participants... many of the ladies in poodle skirts and gentlemen wearing bow ties.  

And when I asked him what sort of music the DJ played, he had a puzzled expression when he answered, "Really strange stuff.  All I remember is that it was by people with names like Dino and Frankie and Doris...!"  :lol:

He earned his Eagle.  ^_^

22 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

And when I asked him what sort of music the DJ played, he had a puzzled expression when he answered, "Really strange stuff.  All I remember is that it was by people with names like Dino and Frankie and Doris...!"  

:lol:

Archived