SASS Wire Forum

Need 25-20 Dies and Brass

Midway has Lee .25-20 dies in stock @ $38.99. I wasn't aware anyone was offering .25-20 brass. Ammo, yes. Brass, no. I've been making cases for my .25-20's by necking down .32-20's, but even .32-20's are "Out of stock, no backorder" right now. Some folks claim to just run a .32-20 case into a .25-20 die with no problem, but I was losing 12-15% of my cases that way, so I put together a multi-die forming set to neck them down incrementally, and haven't lost a single one since.

Thanks again, Three Foot.  I ordered the dies.  Don't know how I missed them when I was searching before, because Midway is where I had the notification on the Winchester brass.  I added a notification on the Remington brass but it sounds like I shouldn't hold my breath. 

It will be a handsome wall ornament, if worse comes to worst. I just sent a whiny email to Starline but I’m sure they get a lot of those. I might write Winchester, Remington, and Hornady too, but I know this is probably the worst time to be looking for obsolete stuff since 2008. They can’t keep up with the demand for popular stuff. 

41 minutes ago, Nasty Newt # 7365 said:

It will be a handsome wall ornament, if worse comes to worst. I just sent a whiny email to Starline but I’m sure they get a lot of those. I might write Winchester, Remington, and Hornady too, but I know this is probably the worst time to be looking for obsolete stuff since 2008. They can’t keep up with the demand for popular stuff. 

It's pricey and I didn't try putting it in the cart but according to their site, they have it in stock.

https://sleepinggiantbrass.com/25-20-brass

Thank you, Cyprus!  Against my better judgement I paid their price. I know it encourages gouging but I’m desperate to shoot this gun. I’ve wanted a Model 92 25-20 for a long time and I am seriously looking forward to shooting it. Many thanks to both of you guys. 

36 minutes ago, Nasty Newt # 7365 said:

Thank you, Cyprus!  Against my better judgement I paid their price. I know it encourages gouging but I’m desperate to shoot this gun. I’ve wanted a Model 92 25-20 for a long time and I am seriously looking forward to shooting it. Many thanks to both of you guys. 

You're welcome. Just wish it hadn't cost you an arm and a leg.

6 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

You're welcome. Just wish it hadn't cost you an arm and a leg.

After buying a decent original 1892 .25-20, plus components, he ain't go no more arms or legs!

Nasty Newt, the .25-20 is notorious for having a somewhat short case life, so experiment and don't size the brass any more than is necessary to fit the chamber. ;) 

My brass is sized for my Marlin, and it's a bit tight in my '92, but rather than have two different lots of ammo for each rifle, I'll probably cinch my sizer down another 1/8 turn and take my chances that it works well in both.

My LGS had 32-20 brass a couple weeks ago. If you are interested PM me for their number.

Nasty Newt,

I was approached by a local shooter wanting to sell 25-20 supplies. I'll reach out to him and see what he has. I can bring to the CA state match next week if you're interested. 

Tully

15 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

After buying a decent original 1892 .25-20, plus components, he ain't go no more arms or legs!

Nasty Newt, the .25-20 is notorious for having a somewhat short case life, so experiment and don't size the brass any more than is necessary to fit the chamber. ;) 

My brass is sized for my Marlin, and it's a bit tight in my '92, but rather than have two different lots of ammo for each rifle, I'll probably cinch my sizer down another 1/8 turn and take my chances that it works well in both.

That's good to know.  thanks.

2 hours ago, Tully Mars said:

Nasty Newt,

I was approached by a local shooter wanting to sell 25-20 supplies. I'll reach out to him and see what he has. I can bring to the CA state match next week if you're interested. 

Tully

Yes, I would like to know what he has and what he wants for it.  Thanks a lot, Tully

34 minutes ago, Nasty Newt # 7365 said:

Yes, I would like to know what he has and what he wants for it.  Thanks a lot, Tully

Here's his email response. If you want it I'll pick it up this Sunday and bring it to you next week. Tully

I have 5 boxes of 25/20 Winchester new for sale $25.00 a box. 

Thanks
LR

I’ll take it all. I won’t be at the state match but some people from my club will and I’ll arrange for somebody to get with you and pick it up. I’ll let you know. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Tully Mars said:

Nasty Newt,

Tried to send you a PM, but it wouldn't go through. Let me know how to contact you or PM me. 

Tully

Sent you a PM, I think.  I had to delete some messages to get it to work.  

• 1 month later...

Archived