SASS Wire Forum

Simple ATF presentation to tell the difference between pistols, rifles, SBR's, ect.........

Raylan

All kidding aside, all it takes is one little mistake that could get you into trouble. 

Example 1. 
Young guy at an indoor range with an AR-15. I commented on how neat it looked with the long handguard he had on it. He said the 14.5” barrel helped. He had a muzzle brake on it. He said he wasn’t sure he liked it and said he was thinking of swapping it out. It turns out he just had it screwed on there. No welding, no pinning. 
I explained to him why he had better get this fixed. He turned a little green around the gills. 

Example 2

Same range. Young dude had an AR-15 “pistol” with a 10” barrel and a Magpul stock on it. Not only is that very illegal in California it’s illegal according to the Feds. The real kicker for me was the guys at the range counter didn’t say anything to him about it. I took it upon myself to let him know he was making a big mistake bringing an SBR to a public range in California. He just laughed. I asked him how he liked prison sex and walked away. 

Congratulations.  That was the second most annoying thing I've seen or read about.....right behind real gun laws and definitions of what ever the government says at any given moment.  Government meaning ANY agency at any level of government anywhere in the USA and its possessions.

Point is, ignorance of a stupid freakin’ law will still get your butt tossed in prison. Know the laws so you don’t get tossed in the pen because of an overzealous knucklehead that wants to impress his pinheaded boss and is in a bad mood because he lost his Starbucks card. 

Its supposed to be satire, but it hits way too close to home.

I had to explain to my MIL how every rifle was an assault rifle because the sole purpose of a firearm is literally to assault. Isnt that the whole point of a rifle? Youre not buying a rifle to bake your neighbor a cake. It can be a defensive assault on an intruder, an assault on an animal you're going to eat, or an assault on a steel plate at the range. I also had to explain that there are non-automatic guns that can be fired as fast as a semi-automatic gun, so if fire rate is the issue, pretty much everything but muskets would have to be banned, and the nature conservation and hunting crowd would be livid... and those are the people who give gun ownership a good name.

She was receptive to the talk and actually listened which was nice. But when we finished the conversation she said she was just confused now... I just said thats the point, now you understand :lol:

Archived