SASS Wire Forum

What Gun Do These Magazines Go To?

Cypress Sun

I got these magazines as part of an estate. No one with the estate knew what these mags went to and I've looked on line but have not had any luck. There's a few that look close but not the right ones. I figured that with the vast knowledge here that I would ask you all. I'm pretty sure that they are 9mm.  The box that they came in had 33rnd mags hand written on the box.

Thanks

20210331_074146.jpg

20210331_074158.jpg

20210331_074215.jpg

20210331_074226.jpg

23 minutes ago, Chantry said:

They look like aftermarket magazines for the Beretta 92

6 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

That was my guess,  but then I noticed that the notch for the retain is not where it should be.

That was my thought also but rather than an notch, it has a hole in the middle. If I had a 92, I'd try it but I don't. I also thought about CZ but the holes don't match up either.

20 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

That was my thought also but rather than an notch, it has a hole in the middle. If I had a 92, I'd try it but I don't. I also thought about CZ but the holes don't match up either.

Could be for the Taurus 92, there are some internet pictures out there for the Taurus magazine with the hole in the middle instead of the notch on the side.

I looked at internet pictures for the Browning High Power and CZ - 75, but none had the hole in the middle

9 hours ago, Silent Bob, SASS #23113 said:

Looks to be for the Walther P99.

https://www.buymymags.com/walther-p99-9mm-30rd/

9 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I think you pegged it. Looks just like it. Thank you very much.

After looking at Bob's link again, I have my doubts. The link says that the exact same mag is good for a S & W 99 also. If you look at factory mags for the Walther, the hole is no there....it's a notch. I guess I'll need to find a store that has a 99 or either so I can try out a mag. Sometimes gun stores aren't too keen on that though.

8 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Taurus 9mm. Measure the magazine width, depth, distance from feed lips to magazine retainer hole and I'll confirm tonight.

The pics aren't the greatest but here they are

20210402_141730.jpg

20210402_141744.jpg

20210402_141821.jpg

@Cypress Sun Forgot I sold the beatter so only have a corner cut Taurus to measure.  The dimensions are the same as the Taurus 9 and ProMag for Beretta 92.  The feed lip cut matches the Taurus.  Will have to look more for a center notch magazine or just notch the corner for Beretta/some Taurus models.  

The center square notch at 1-21/32" is the retention notch.  

Well, we've all learned that many after market hi-cap 9mm magazines strongly resemble each other regardless of what gun they were actually made for

1 hour ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Aren't the Taurus and Beretta mod 92 mags interchangeable? 

Take them to a gun show and try them in all the guns. 

I've noticed that vendors tend to frown on someone pulling a mag out of your pocket and sticking it in their guns for some reason.

Here’s a close up of the Walther magazine.  Do your magazines have a slot on their sides?

If your magazines only have that hole in the front of them, they aren’t beretta nor s&w.

9F377796-3FE2-4B2A-B103-E8438B725789.jpeg

23 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I've noticed that vendors tend to frown on someone pulling a mag out of your pocket and sticking it in their guns for some reason.

Really?  If I was a vendor I'd be all for it.  What did the prince do when he found the girl who fit the glass slipper?  Once you find a fit, you'll either want to buy my gun or you might be willing to sell me a mag for cheap. 

15 hours ago, WOLFY said:

Here’s a close up of the Walther magazine.  Do your magazines have a slot on their sides?

If your magazines only have that hole in the front of them, they aren’t beretta nor s&w.

9F377796-3FE2-4B2A-B103-E8438B725789.jpeg

I've seen some pics of ones with the hole in the top middle front and some like the pic you posted. Going to have to find a gun to fit the mag now.

21 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Really?  If I was a vendor I'd be all for it.  What did the prince do when he found the girl who fit the glass slipper?  Once you find a fit, you'll either want to buy my gun or you might be willing to sell me a mag for cheap. 

I have seen (twice) a person at a show handling a gun, whip a mag out of their pocket and shove it in the gun. Vendor got uptight in both instances and I don't blame them. The vendor didn't know if the mag was loaded or not and they didn't ask permission. Made me a little nervous also for the same reason. For that reason, always know where cover is or at least the fat guy is standing.;)

5 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I have seen (twice) a person at a show handling a gun, whip a mag out of their pocket and shove it in the gun. Vendor got uptight in both instances and I don't blame them. The vendor didn't know if the mag was loaded or not and they didn't ask permission. Made me a little nervous also for the same reason. For that reason, always know where cover is or at least the fat guy is standing.;)

Well I wasn't suggesting doing it without permission.  It'd be easier to show the mag to the vendor and see if he knows what it fits. 

why wait on a gun show,  your nearest gun shop will have someone who will know 

6093F2C9-0901-41DB-8DD5-D04F1348058D.jpeg

Ruger P Series 32 rnd magazine

10 hours ago, WOLFY said:

why wait on a gun show,  your nearest gun shop will have someone who will know 

That's on the (long) list of stuff to do. Just got to get that round to it time first.

Archived