SASS Wire Forum

5-GUN RAFFLE FUNDRAISER SOLD OUT!!!!!!

Hellbender

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/31/2021 at 8:16 PM, Hellbender said:

Yes, more than just a chance - we will be there with raffle tickets!  I spoke with Tombstone Mary at the TX State Match last weekend and got the OK to bring the poster we had there and to sell tickets on site.

See you there!

Hellbender

I was about to ask that, but La Sombra beat me to it.  I'm assuming we can pay with cash at Comancheria Days, or do you still want a check?  You'll be easy to find since we're on the same posse. :)  Or if you prefer to just sell them at the banquet so you can concentrate on shooting, that's cool.

34 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

I was about to ask that, but La Sombra beat me to it.  I'm assuming we can pay with cash at Comancheria Days, or do you still want a check?  You'll be easy to find since we're on the same posse. :)  Or if you prefer to just sell them at the banquet so you can concentrate on shooting, that's cool.

Cash will are just fine, tell all your pards, please.  We deal in cash for face-to-face ticket sales.  I did see we're on the same posse and it will be a pleasure to finally meet you!

Hellbender

42 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

We don't want to interfere at all with your club's raffle at the banquet, so I was planning on just selling them on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday when we're not shooting, like during lunchtime.  But I can sell tickets during the match to those on our posse (or others that stop by) after I shoot a stage, so I'll make sure to try to shoot early.

1 hour ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Can you confirm the year of the Mod 94?  HK Uriah had a good point that it don't have the crossbolt safety, but my eye isn't good enough to tell if that's an AE model from this angle. 

I don't know much about that gun, but It doesn't have either a crossbolt safety or a tang safety.  Does that help?

1 hour ago, Keystone, SASS # 47578 said:

Check was mailed on Monday.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Are you doin PayPal for the tickets?

No, sorry.  We’re not doing PayPal for this one.  Checks through mail or checks or cash face to face.

1 hour ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Hellbender,

Check is inbound for two tickets.

Good Luck on the rebuild and Good Luck to everyone!

Pick Me, Pick Me, Pick Me!

Thanks Dogmeat Dad.  Good luck!

Well I’m finally home and the check for one of the winning tickets :ph34r: is in the mail.  Do you think that the “Gang” will be shooting there this year?  I’ll be there when you open back up to christen the range in a hail of lead, who knows I might even hit a target or two :o :D

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Hellbender, Hold 3 for me.

EH

Will do!!  Good luck!

19 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Well I’m finally home and the check for one of the winning tickets :ph34r: is in the mail.  Do you think that the “Gang” will be shooting there this year?  I’ll be there when you open back up to christen the range in a hail of lead, who knows I might even hit a target or two :o :D

To early to predict when we’ll get finished.  I’m hoping by the fall but I really don’t have a good idea yet.  We will look for you when we do open again!

20 hours ago, Hellbender said:

I don't know much about that gun, but It doesn't have either a crossbolt safety or a tang safety.  Does that help?

If you have a SN that's the surest way to tell.  You can plug it in here and get an answer. 

https://oldguns.net/sn_php/windateslookup.php?file=win1894.dat

37 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

If you have a SN that's the surest way to tell.  You can plug it in here and get an answer. 

https://oldguns.net/sn_php/windateslookup.php?file=win1894.dat

Thanks, I do have the SN and it comes up as manufactured in 1969.

Put Jack Spade down for 20 tickets.  I will put the check in the mail tomorrow morning. 

Just now, Jack Spade said:

Put Jack Spade down for 20 tickets.  I will put the check in the mail tomorrow morning. 

Thank you Jack, good luck!

26 minutes ago, Chicago kidd said:

Check for 5 tickets goes out tomorrow. Good luck on the build. ChicagoKidd

Thank you Chicago Kidd!

• Hellbender changed the title to Temporary Hold on Sales for 5-GUN RAFFLE FUNDRAISER!

The check for my 20 went out this morning

12 minutes ago, Jack Spade said:

The check for my 20 went out this morning

No worries Jack, you've been on my list of pards I'm holding tickets for since you first told me you wanted them.  I'm holding tickets for everyone who has already told me they wanted tickets and whose checks haven't come yet.  For those who's checks have arrived, I've already mailed them their part of the ticket so they will be getting those soon.

The tickets I'm still holding for you and some others are not going to Comancheria Days, only those tickets that nobody has spoken up for are going.  Now that it's shut down temporarily (maybe for good, we'll see what happens at Comancheria Days), I wont commit to honoring any more notices that people want tickets or any more checks that arrive from people who hadn't said they were sending them (there was no requirement to tell me in advance but most folks did anyway).

Thanks for your support Jack - you just might be the last one who got to order tickets through the Wire!

1 minute ago, Hellbender said:

No worries Jack, you've been on my list of pards I'm holding tickets for since you first told me you wanted them.  I'm holding tickets for everyone who has already told me they wanted tickets and whose checks haven't come yet.  For those who's checks have arrived, I've already mailed them their part of the ticket so they will be getting those soon.

The tickets I'm still holding for you and some others are not going to Comancheria Days, only those tickets that nobody has spoken up for are going.  Now that it's shut down temporarily (maybe for good, we'll see what happens at Comancheria Days), I wont commit to honoring any more notices that people want tickets or any more checks that arrive from people who hadn't said they were sending them (there was no requirement to tell me in advance but most folks did anyway).

Thanks for your support Jack - you just might be the last one who got to order tickets through the Wire!

Jack, I see I got that wrong.  Chicago Kidd was the last one.  You were next to last :D

This worked out great because I had been looking for a  way to support your rebuild effort, always seemed to miss out on the stuff you were selling on the wire or it wasn't my size.  If I win a gun that is just icing on the cake.  Can't wait until you all are back up and shooting so I can come over and ring some steel with you!

29 minutes ago, Jack Spade said:

This worked out great because I had been looking for a  way to support your rebuild effort, always seemed to miss out on the stuff you were selling on the wire or it wasn't my size.  If I win a gun that is just icing on the cake.  Can't wait until you all are back up and shooting so I can come over and ring some steel with you!

Thanks for your support Jack!  Best of luck to you on the raffle, and I hope to see you in our new town when its done!

Hellbender,

Dropped my check for the 3 you were holding for me in the mail today. So it should hit the pony express tomorrow.  Just FYI

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Hellbender,

Dropped my check for the 3 you were holding for me in the mail today. So it should hit the pony express tomorrow.  Just FYI

Good Deal Eyesa, thanks for letting me know.  :D

33 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

If they don't get sold out at the shoot, put me down for one ticket. Assuming there will be time to make payment and get in the basket.

I'll do just that and you are now 2nd in line (somebody else has already requested 10 by PM if we have any left).  There will be plenty of time because Comancheria Days is this Thursday - Saturday and the drawing isn't until May 22.  I'll announce here if we sold out or not.  I have a feeling we will sell out - we sold 270 at the TX State 2 weeks ago and I only have 160 left to bring to Comancheria Days.

38 minutes ago, Not Dead Ed said:

Wow, great to hear they are selling well.  

Yep, sort of like wildfire.

Archived