SASS Wire Forum

The insanity accelerates

Raylan

Three wise monkeys - hear no evil, see no evil, do no evil are now racist and must be cancelled. Ya know, just screw this whole flipping woke BS.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2021/01/24/chimpanzee-that-three-wise-mnkeys-racist-owoke-university/

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

IIRC Howard Cosell got fired from Monday Night Football because of a monkey comment.

He said something about that Africans have a different muscle structure because of thousands and thousands of years of running in the jungle or something like that.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

He said something about that Africans have a different muscle structure because of thousands and thousands of years of running in the jungle or something like that.

It was Jimmy the Greek who lost his job for that comment. No need to repeat here what he actually said. 

Howard Cosell was Jewish and always treated everyone with respect. 

I always thought monkeys were racist.

8 hours ago, Raylan said:

Three wise monkeys - hear no evil, see no evil, do no evil are now racist and must be cancelled. Ya know, just screw this whole flipping woke BS.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2021/01/24/chimpanzee-that-three-wise-mnkeys-racist-owoke-university/

That actually should be "speak no evil."

All in all a wise philosophy.  The "woke" knotheads just continue to display their idiocy. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

It was Jimmy the Greek who lost his job for that comment. No need to repeat here what he actually said. 

Howard Cosell was Jewish and always treated everyone with respect. 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Look at that little monkey run!

When a smaller physical stature NFL football player would run and dart around after getting his hands on the ball, Cosell would like to say "Look at that little monkey run!" It didn't matter if it was a white or black player.

He said it, and his comment was suddenly seen as racist. After he had been using it for years.

1 minute ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Look at that little monkey run!

He said it, and his comment was suddenly seen as racist. After he had been using it for years.

You got me. I hadn’t heard that one. 

I still remember Mr. Costello as an advocate for the down trodden.

Just now, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

You got me. I hadn’t heard that one. 

I still remember Mr. Costello as an advocate for the down trodden.

He was.  And, as the piece said, he used that comment without discrimination.  One of his pet phrases. But finally some professional racist decided his phrase was racist if he used it to describe a black runner.

4 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

He was.  And, as the piece said, he used that comment without discrimination.  One of his pet phrases. But finally some professional racist decided his phrase was racist if he used it to describe a black runner.

You get bonus points for that one, Joe!  :)

It WILL be used~!  ^_^

22 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

You get bonus points for that one, Joe!  :)

It WILL be used~!  ^_^

Just a condensed version of what a very wise man wrote over 100 years ago, one who knew more about oppression and racism than any of the current crop of race baiters ever could. 

There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.
Booker T. Washington

“WOKE”  A word created for idiots too lazy or too stupid to say “awakened”!! :angry: :rolleyes: :lol:

Damned stupid word in my not so humble opinion!!  <_<

3 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

“WOKE”  A word created for idiots too lazy or too stupid to say “awakened”!! :angry: :rolleyes: :lol:

Damned stupid word in my not so humble opinion!!  <_<

"I awakened up?"

Woke is just the past tense of wake and goes back to before William the Usurper crossed The Ditch.

7 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

"I awakened up?"

Woke is just the past tense of wake and goes back to before William the Usurper crossed The Ditch.

And used as it is by the current crop of idiots, it is out of tense and perfectly illustrative of their ignorance!

As to the phrase, “I awakened up,” the use of “up” is clumsy, superfluous, and grammatically incorrect. ;) :lol:

Archived