SASS Wire Forum

WTB non sass .22 magnum revolver

WOLFY

My mom’s not able to get it done with her .38 spl anymore.  We even tried a .357 loaded with the specials and it was just too heavy.  In case anyone has a Ruger or S&W .22 magnum sitting at home, let me know.

Technically this is a purchase for a non sass member, but I thought I’d ask here on the wire.

Kel-Tec has one that holds something like 30 rounds of .22 mag!

Not a revolver, but the capacity!! Easy enough slide to operate. Just my 2 cents worth...https://www.gunbroker.com/item/896479616

Thanks for the insight, everyone.  I’m going to see if she might be comfy with an auto (I currently have a single six I will leave with her, but her preference is DA).

17 hours ago, Derringer Dan said:

Kel-Tec has one that holds something like 30 rounds of .22 mag!

Not a revolver, but the capacity!! Easy enough slide to operate. Just my 2 cents worth...https://www.gunbroker.com/item/896479616

Don’t think your mom would be able to load 30 rounds in the Kel-Tec PMR 30 even with a mag assist. Not a a good reliable carry either. I have one and speaking from experience. Keep it simple, revolver! 

The Beretta Tomcat is a tip up barrel, so you don't even have to rack a slide to load. .32 ACP so light recoil and a single stack magazine that is easy to load.

Local store called we r arming America has a ruger lcr in 22 mag, looks lightly used.  I told them u would send you a picture in case you want to buy it.  I never shot a ruger double action 22 but have shot their same model in 9mm and it is real good.  They are in vidalia, ga.  I can't post and upload the picture and get their phone number to.  May can post their number shortly.

20210330_133913.jpg

good lookin out Trigger Mike.  I tried them yeaterday but was too late (forgot about the time difference).  Tried again earlier today and it was sold already.

On 3/30/2021 at 2:53 PM, DeaconKC said:

The Beretta Tomcat is a tip up barrel, so you don't even have to rack a slide to load. .32 ACP so light recoil and a single stack magazine that is easy to load.

These are excellent for weaker older hands. I have a tip-up. You still need to load the magazine though.

For all around ease, revolvers rule. Point & click.

On 3/31/2021 at 2:47 PM, Marshall Matt Dillon said:

These are excellent for weaker older hands. I have a tip-up. You still need to load the magazine though.

For all around ease, revolvers rule. Point & click.

I located a .380 tip up for a good friend that loss the use of his left hand.  

I agree it’s a great feature.  Not just for older / weaker hands- ‘cause some of the beretta slides don’t exactly have a lot of gripping area (especially their .25 and .22 models).

Edited to add: shot a neighbors Keltec PMR and she loved it, but didn’t like manipulating the slide.

• 2 months later...

bump- i phoned “we r arming america” but was too late.

anyone know of a ruger or smith in 22wmr for sale?

brantley's marine and gun in vidalia had a S & W 351 pd in 22 mag, 7 shot  that is an excellent pistol.  it has been there for a while but I didn't see it Friday, but didn't look for it either as a Kimber k6 in 357 was near where it usually sits.  the 351 pd has zero recoil so even a child can handle it.  it is accurate.  912-537-2132.  closed Sunday.

Archived