SASS Wire Forum

Trailhead, Texas State 2021

Hoss

Trailhead was a great match. The fine folks at the Texas Historical Shooting Society did a great job. Good main match, mo crazy sequences or P traps. Targets were all very hittable (not saying I hit them all!) Good side matches, side match award dinner, main match award banquet,  lots of nice raffle items.  A good time was had by all! 

Congrats to overall champion Rusty Remington and the top lady, Panhandle Cowgirl.  

Howdy Hoss, I heard they listened to the shooters and moved the targets closer and painted them red instead of white.  I also heard that you won Cody Dixon single shot, congrats!  

26 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Howdy Hoss, I heard they listened to the shooters and moved the targets closer and painted them red instead of white.  I also heard that you won Cody Dixon single shot, congrats!  

Targets were good. I thought 1 set of pistol targets were a tad long, at the mine stage. But I think it was mostly a function of the setup at the mine as the targets were shot out of a window. If they were closer it would have been a difficult angle. They weren’t overly far, but did take a little extra concentration. 

and thanks! Yes I was fortunate to win my category. I really enjoyed shooting the trapdoor!

D99C559E-B0BF-4905-9EB2-B1950CD4349E.jpeg

I enjoyed the match as well.  Super happy that swinger was retired!  If I have one suggestion it would be to 'Feed that dang cub bear on stage 10'!  He need to gain about 50 pounds.  :)

Shot my first long range match there as well.  Hitting a Ram at 500 meters is sure satisfying.

Winning a set of pistols and custom leather was nice as well...

IMG_6394.thumb.JPG.b9583d8504cfb0a02bdf9e5d36bf33dd.JPG

Totes

The swinger isnt retired-they just didnt use it! Im sure we'll have it at monthly matches!

Oh, you won the pistols? Glad you like them!;)

They forgot to mention Osage Mike donated the leather. They aren't exactly what I had in mind, but you aren't complaining, are you?:P

I thought the match was great and will definitely plan to attend next year. I have heard lots of negative feedback about things from past shoots but it seems they have taken steps to address those issues. The senarios were simple and the target placement we great. 

This was one of the BEST matches I have ever been to!  Scenarios were all straight forward with no P traps at all, targets were just the right size and distance (although my 1 and only miss of the entire match was on that huge, close, pistol-target bear at stage 10, my last stage of the match :wacko:) , there were some unusual as well as the regular side matches, the whole match was extremely well-organized and well-run by the highly professional and very friendly, congenial  and accommodating folks who run this club.  Trailhead is one match not to miss!

A big congratulations to Texas Rooster on winning the El Patron category good shooting Rooster. 

Take care & see you down the road some where in time pilgrim.

Jackrabbit Joe

Archived