SASS Wire Forum

ACES & Practiscore question?

Dusty Sometimes

I know our club will need to convert from Aces to Practiscore soon but please give me your insight & thoughts on what your club is doing:

Q- Can Aces be downloaded anywhere, onto other devices at a club? 

We have 4-5 older tablets that we use, all with Aces, with older operating systems. I'm having problems downloading Practiscore onto the older tablets and likewise can't get Aces onto additional devices so we can email scores. 

Is the only option to buy new tablets and download Practiscore?  Is there no way to transfer Aces from one device to another?

Thanks

Dusty Sometimes 

Go to the App Store and search CAS Scoring. It’s free and easy to use. Way better than ACES with many more features. Only works on Apple products. I find PractiScore complicated. Ms. Jewel 

21 hours ago, Dusty Sometimes said:

I know our club will need to convert from Aces to Practiscore soon but please give me your insight & thoughts on what your club is doing:

Q- Can Aces be downloaded anywhere, onto other devices at a club? 

We have 4-5 older tablets that we use, all with Aces, with older operating systems. I'm having problems downloading Practiscore onto the older tablets and likewise can't get Aces onto additional devices so we can email scores. 

Is the only option to buy new tablets and download Practiscore?  Is there no way to transfer Aces from one device to another?

Thanks

Dusty Sometimes 

No ACES  is no longer supported and therefore is no longer compatible with newer devices.  

Yes the the only option is to buy new ANDROID tablets and download Practiscore.

No practical way (IMHO) to transfer ACES from one device to another.

Wolff's Rowdy Rangers will be moving from ACES to Practiscore at the beginning of our SASS 2021 season.

We found the iOS Apple version of Practscore was not as refined as the ANDROID version.

We bought 2 Amazon Fire HD 8 tablets for $59.99 each (sale price only allowed for a maximum purchase of two) and a third for $89.99.   One tablet is the "Master" for registering Shooters, making the stages and compiling total scores.  The other two for Posse's One and Two.  Master can also be used for a Posse Three as needed.  Tablets are Bluetooth enabled so WiFi is NOT need at the range to sync devices.  

Wolff's Rowdy Rangers also "upgrading" their timers with AMG Lab timers.  AMG reviews indicate the buzzer is more in-tuned for hearing disabilities and also Bluetooth connectable to the ANDROID version of Practiscore.  The cowpoke with the tablet can transfer the time straight from the AMG timers by pressing one button (or enter the score manually).   Price is $158 with a 4 to 8 week backorder.  Wolff's is 4 weeks into their order for AMG timers...hopefully we'll have them by our April 17th first match of the season!

Almost forgot.  Another neat thing with Practiscore is their free web online registration for your matches.  Cowpokes can register ahead of the match date and IF you have the option turned on,  accept online payment.

Sadly there comes a time when the equipment needs to be put out to pasture.  We use Practiscore with online sign up and have forgone the old paper score sheets as well.  Adding the few technologically impaired shooters to the tablets before the match is not a big deal.  We usually have the scores up on Practiscore within a couple of hours after the match.

ALFL (who is a guest on this site) has PM me offering to expedite our AMG Lab orders.  Anyone know who ALFL is and if the offer is legit? 

1 hour ago, Matthew Duncan said:

ALFL (who is a guest on this site) has PM me offering to expedite our AMG Lab orders.  Anyone know who ALFL is and if the offer is legit? 

Not sure,  but hope he can expedite all the clubs orders.   I also ordered one for our club to use with our practicescore running tablet.  Ordered on Feb 23rd and hoping to have before our April 18th first match!!!    If works as expected we plan on ordering a bunch as our IDPA/IPSC group all shares equipment and are looking eventually for about 4 more! 

2 minutes ago, Toranado, SASS # 58447 said:

Not sure,  but hope he can expedite all the clubs orders.   I also ordered one for our club to use with our practicescore running tablet.  Ordered on Feb 23rd and hoping to have before our April 18th first match!!!    If works as expected we plan on ordering a bunch as our IDPA/IPSC group all shares equipment and are looking eventually for about 4 more! 

2/17 is our date for our first one.  3/2 for our second order.

For The Range Cavern Cove Competitive shooting we use Practiscore on IPads. All of the shooters sign up before the match and squad up before the match. They then check in and pay. 
The Cowboy Club North Alabama Regulators has transitioned to Practiscore on Android devices. I personally hate the Android devices. Bad battery life and most people are not familiar with little things that are different than an IPad. NAR has recently started letting people sign up before the match with PS link. 

9 hours ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

For The Range Cavern Cove Competitive shooting we use Practiscore on IPads. All of the shooters sign up before the match and squad up before the match. They then check in and pay. 
The Cowboy Club North Alabama Regulators has transitioned to Practiscore on Android devices. I personally hate the Android devices. Bad battery life and most people are not familiar with little things that are different than an IPad. NAR has recently started letting people sign up before the match with PS link. 

Andriod Amazon Fire HD 8 tablets were more agreeable with our budget then Apple iPad$.  Plus the Fire HD has a 12 hour battery life! 

We looked hard at iPad$ and found the Praticscore APP was as agreeable to SASS as the Praticscore APP.

Easy to extend battery life. Turn off location services. Also turn off WiFi and Bluetooth unless they are needed during the match.

For those times when they are needed a USB battery pack is an easy way to keep a tablet going when the battery gets low.

I just bought a couple of these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z8X9SHX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Howdy,

I spent hours experimenting with practiscore.  I was never able to get a match to work.

Now we use CAS Scoring.  Training time for new users about 2-5 minutes.  Very easy to setup a new match.

It does require a "master" iPad.  This works out GREAT.  We use the master for signups, then load the match into the iPads to be used in the match.  If something goes wrong the master is there to "save the day".  

After the match I load the scores onto my iPhone (yes you can use Iphone as a scoring device or even the "master") and convert to *.XLXS and use Excel to develop statistics for the match.

Much easier-powerful than ACES.  I cannot see any reason to try to figure out practiscore.

3 hours ago, wyliefoxEsquire said:

Howdy,

I spent hours experimenting with practiscore.  I was never able to get a match to work.

Now we use CAS Scoring.  Training time for new users about 2-5 minutes.  Very easy to setup a new match.

It does require a "master" iPad.  This works out GREAT.  We use the master for signups, then load the match into the iPads to be used in the match.  If something goes wrong the master is there to "save the day".  

After the match I load the scores onto my iPhone (yes you can use Iphone as a scoring device or even the "master") and convert to *.XLXS and use Excel to develop statistics for the match.

Much easier-powerful than ACES.  I cannot see any reason to try to figure out practiscore.

Have you tried PractiScore on a Android tablet?

At 1/6th the cost of an Ipad per device, Practiscore on Android tablets is way more cost effective than any other options.

I have used ACES, CAS and Practiscore. Anyone can be taught to enter match scores in just a couple of minutes and learn how to build matches in less than an hour.

The differences are:

ACES is Obsolete.

CAS only runs on Ipads. Provides a lot of match metrics to those that want or need them. CAS only supports Cowboy Action Shooting.

Practiscore runs on both Ipads and Android devices which are a lot less expensive. Practiscore can be paired to AMG timers which eliminates errors transcribing times. Practiscore allows for online registration and realtime web based posting of scores. Practiscore supports many other shooting disciplines.

Both CAS and Practiscore will do real time synchronization so that if a device fails scores are preserved. Both will backup to internet based servers in real time. 

If “PRACTISCORE” will not accomodate/cannot be downloaded onto existing equipment, the Practiscore IS BUGGY!!

CAT RULES 14086

1 hour ago, Cat Brules said:

If “PRACTISCORE” will not accomodate/cannot be downloaded onto existing equipment, the Practiscore IS BUGGY!!

CAT RULES 14086

Practiscore works just fine on all current iOS and android devices. 

it does however have a slightly different look between iOS and android. 

Archived