SASS Wire Forum

Classic Cowboy/ Cowgirl get my respects!!!

Singin' Sue 71615

I have shot exactly 25% of one match on a hot day wearing a black frock coat with a vest and long sleeve shirt. :D

I thought I looked pretty snappy at the start of the match that day. Halfway into stage 3 I stripped off some clothing. I was signed up for Duelist. Style points are not worth the hassle...or the heat. 

4 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have shot exactly 25% of one match on a hot day wearing a black frock coat with a vest and long sleeve shirt. :D

I thought I looked pretty snappy at the start of the match that day. Halfway into stage 3 I stripped off some clothing. I was signed up for Duelist. Style points are not worth the hassle...or the heat. 

The humidity and the 13 hour ride has me pretty tuckered! And puffed up like a bullfrog!

I think if I can drop 40lbs, I could keep up!

19 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

The humidity and the 13 hour ride has me pretty tuckered! And puffed up like a bullfrog!

Humidity? Oh, heck no! I hate humidity. Where are you shooting?

3 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Yep the humidity was rather bad today wasn't it. 

I was in Leonard Texas for a Cody Dixon match. No breeze and 90% humidity. Would have made for a crappy day but with temps only in the high 60s to low 70s it wasn't as bad as it would have been in July and August.

We had 10 shooters and more fun than should be legally allowed.

5 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Oh my goodness.

Have not shot CC in years!!!

5 stages whipped my tookus!!!

Hot, too many layers...not to mention how HEAVY that .45 rifle and hammered shotty are!!

You earn my respect!

20210327_083425.jpg

Not so sure about the company you keep.:P:)

It's not how good you shoot, it's how good you look WHEN you shoot. Classic Cowboys/Cowgirls rule. I wear 11 of the 12 Classic items almost all shoots. I don't wear a coat.

4 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

It's not how good you shoot, it's how good you look WHEN you shoot. Classic Cowboys/Cowgirls rule. I wear 11 of the 12 Classic items almost all shoots. I don't wear a coat.

Seamus...by the end of the day, I was done in. The rifle weighs twice my carbine...and don't get me started on that old Russian hammered shotty!

I'm not shooting CC but I wear enough CC items at every match to qualify except for firearms. It can get warm on the MS Gulf Coast. Just drink more water and electrolytes. 

Even Gunfighters need heros

Archived