SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Hats, Bowler Hats, Derby Hats, Fedoras, Panamas and more!

Folks that have shot with me or, heck even those that are familiar with my work on YouTube know that I also enjoy the fashion I aspect of our sport.  Not only have a amassed a collection of firearms during my time in SASS but my bevy of hats has grown considerably as well.  

Here is a look at that current collection along with a little detail about where they came from. 

Hope y’all enjoy it!

On 3/27/2021 at 12:19 PM, Jed I. Knight, SASS #36423 said:

Hope y’all enjoy it!

I did! Thank you very much!  

Whenever new folks get on the wire to say Hi I advise them to get a good hat. It is important.

I enjoy your videos but youtube wont let me comment so here goes. "yehaw"

Our best to yall

Imis

On 3/29/2021 at 7:37 AM, El CupAJoe said:

I did! Thank you very much!  

Well, then, you’re welcome! :D

12 hours ago, Grizzly Adams 3674 said:

As a recovering hataholic, I enjoyed this tour of your collection! Nice!

I guess I shoulda added a disclaimer, “I am not responsible for in lapses in your recovery” ;)

29 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Whenever new folks get on the wire to say Hi I advise them to get a good hat. It is important.

I enjoy your videos but youtube wont let me comment so here goes. "yehaw"

Our best to yall

Imis

Glad you’re enjoyin’ em!  And, yes, the hat is one of the first things I invested in... then there were boots... and guns... and back-up guns... and all those vests... and then side-match guns... and then that big motorhome... :o

2 minutes ago, D.A. Stranger said:

Thanks for sharing. Now I don't feel so bad about my hat collection. 

:D Glad to help, in whatever way I can!  :lol:

Great video. A good hat is underrated... My go to is the classic Bozeman. Practical and time-tested:

21366924_10110473423467263_3744437959240924671_o.thumb.jpeg.d451c7e9b3c4e2072e09344f113da0bf.jpeg 27797390_10111374026007553_2877191857112576909_o.thumb.jpeg.e371f8a15d5b24272081a2d0bfb9170e.jpeg

I've tried a few of the classic cowboy styles and felt too 'pop-country', though my father in law from TX thought the stetson was a good fit.

I'm not fond of the Cattlemen's style of crown and I'm getting tired of the Gus look simply because they're all so popular, therefore overused. 

I have a nice Resistol that is very warm and is relegated to Winter months! My beat up old work hats will serve me well the Spring and Summer and I am even going to hunt up a straw hat for Summer heat.

Nice collection Jed.

I only have about eight; three cavalry crease, two buckaroo, a Gus, an old Resistol cattleman (feels like wool) and a big straw floppy sombrero. 

I tend to gravitate to the cavalry crease and buckaroo's more these days. 

4 hours ago, Go West said:

I'm not fond of the Cattlemen's style of crown and I'm getting tired of the Gus look simply because they're all so popular, therefore overused. 

I’m not super-fond of the Cattlemen’s style... although the Rancher I have from Art is very, very similar.  Most traditional Cattlemen’s I’ve tried on I kinda go “meh”.  I don’t have a Gus/Buckaroo in my collection... yet ;) I just haven’t found the right one that speaks to me.  

2 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

I have a nice Resistol that is very warm and is relegated to Winter months! My beat up old work hats will serve me well the Spring and Summer and I am even going to hunt up a straw hat for Summer heat.

I really like the Resistol that I have, it’s a very comfortable hat.  I like ‘em when they get worn in and a little beat-up too.  

2 hours ago, Chief Rick said:

Nice collection Jed.

I only have about eight; three cavalry crease, two buckaroo, a Gus, an old Resistol cattleman (feels like wool) and a big straw floppy sombrero. 

I tend to gravitate to the cavalry crease and buckaroo's more these days. 

Thanks. Sounds like you have a nice assortment too.  

Wow ... 31 hats!! I don't have that much room on the rear seat of my pickup truck!!

I miss the Bailey Derby/Bowlers that used to be fairly common ... they had a nice taper that I haven't been able to find elsewhere (someone must make them).

One of those in your collection looks pretty close. 

Like this ... (from River Junction web site ... although the ones they actually sell are straight up .. more modern looking IMHO).

baileyrvjuct.jpg.6e1e0f64b296b523e8bd8fbfab5f067f.jpg

Anyhow ... thanks for the great video (as usual) .. always informative and entertaining. 

3 minutes ago, Patagonia Pete said:

Wow ... 31 hats!! I don't have that much room on the rear seat of my pickup truck!!

I miss the Bailey Derby/Bowlers that used to be fairly common ... they had a nice taper that I haven't been able to find elsewhere (someone must make them).

One of those in your collection looks pretty close. 

Like this ... (from River Junction web site ... although the ones they actually sell are straight up .. more modern looking IMHO).

baileyrvjuct.jpg.6e1e0f64b296b523e8bd8fbfab5f067f.jpg

Anyhow ... thanks for the great video (as usual) .. always informative and entertaining. 

Glad ya like it Pete.  :)  And, I did take over two walls to house this collection... but those IKEA units just fit perfect in that space!  :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 11:12 AM, Go West said:

I do like the front pinch style similar to those John Wayne wore in several movies and the 4 corner cavalry style.

Me too. :)

Archived