SASS Wire Forum

BUFF flies again

Utah Bob #35998

A geezer continues to serve! :FlagAm:
Out of the Boneyard and into the wild blue

2 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

:FlagAm:

I used to repair the radar, bombing and navigation computers on E,F,G, and H models...From the radar dome to the bomb bay....60 to 75 percent of the electronics was mine....We thought getting within a 100 feet was good....Of course a 5 mile or more radius from there...At that time it was big stuff....That was 1965 to 1969....After that went into secure communications...Air conditioned and heated...Nicer place to work...

Texas Lizard

1 hour ago, Texas Lizard said:

I used to repair the radar, bombing and navigation computers on E,F,G, and H models...From the radar dome to the bomb bay....60 to 75 percent of the electronics was mine....We thought getting within a 100 feet was good....Of course a 5 mile or more radius from there...At that time it was big stuff....That was 1965 to 1969....After that went into secure communications...Air conditioned and heated...Nicer place to work...

Texas Lizard

:FlagAm:

I first thought of the Brewster Buffalo but the 52 is truly a great airframe.

With China flexing it's muscle, the way it has been, the brain trust might want to think about increasing the active fleet size and ramping up the regeneration program.

Just sayin'

4 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

With China flexing it's muscle, the way it has been, the brain trust might want to think about increasing the active fleet size and ramping up the regeneration program.

Just sayin'

I saw some stats the other day on the Chinese military compared to ours. They have the advantage of boots. But as far as aircraft, ships and tech they’re still pretty far behind. Still dangerous but N Korea worries me more.

The best man at my wedding was stationed at Minot, ND.  His job was to sit in the cabin of a B52 and guard it. The instructions given him were to guard the plane. ANYONE requesting entrance was to be asked the “password” and if not given immediately, he was to “blow their ass off the landing!”  The instructions were given by a general who concluded, “that includes ME!”

7 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

The best man at my wedding was stationed at Minot, ND.  His job was to sit in the cabin of a B52 and guard it. The instructions given him were to guard the plane. ANYONE requesting entrance was to be asked the “password” and if not given immediately, he was to “blow their ass off the landing!”  The instructions were given by a general who concluded, “that includes ME!”

:rolleyes::lol: Good Story. Got to sit in the plane and had a loaded gun. 

On 3/30/2021 at 3:42 PM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Just sayin'

I think it was SALT 2 that limited their number and cut up the extras.

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I think it was SALT 2 that limited their number and cut up the extras.

Knowing how honest, forthright and open the CCP is at all times, I wonder just how well THEY are keeping to the treaty?

1 hour ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

An Alpo pondering. If we get into a scuffle with China don't we think that once one side starts loosing the nukes will fly?

I’m with UB. China is heavily armed but rational for the most part. Mutually Assured Destruction will keep both their and our nukes at bay.

North Korea is ruled by a psychopath and his sister. I can see them popping a nuke on Seoul just to see what would happen.  That’s when things will get out of hand in a hurry. 

20 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

North Korea is ruled by a psychopath and his sister. I can see them popping a nuke on Seoul just to see what would happen.  That’s when things will get out of hand in a hurry. 

Let's not forget that we are into the 3rd generation of this family being in power over there.

Kim the First was bug house nuts and as ruthless as they come.

Kim Junior was bug house nuts- but still occasionally in touch with reality.  He'd rattle a sabre and folks would give him something that he wanted- but he was careful of which sabre he rattled and when he did it.

Kim the 3rd is bug house nuts AND rarely, if ever, willing to accept the real world doesn't match up with his fantasy world.

1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Let's not forget that we are into the 3rd generation of this family being in power over there.

Kim the First was bug house nuts and as ruthless as they come.

Kim Junior was bug house nuts- but still occasionally in touch with reality.  He'd rattle a sabre and folks would give him something that he wanted- but he was careful of which sabre he rattled and when he did it.

Kim the 3rd is bug house nuts AND rarely, if ever, willing to accept the real world doesn't match up with his fantasy world.

A well tight and cogent analysis of the insane Kim family. Read this book for more insight into the Hitlers of the Orient.

919B9DDB-6A09-4196-8075-EF1D820F169A.png

On 3/31/2021 at 12:22 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Sounds like either Ol' Iron @SS, himself, but could have been Tommy Power (a genuine, triple first class #@%&!).  Lemay was tough but fair.  Story goes that he once tried to drive through the gate onto the flightline.  Guard had been given the order that if anyone did that, they were to be shot!  Guard fired a shot in the air, whereupon Lemay slammed on the brakes, reversed, and laid into the guard.  No, not for firing the shot...for missing! :rolleyes:  Of course, there is the scene in the movie "Strategic Air Command" where "General Hawks" (Frank Lovejoy even sounded like Lemay) is standing next to a KC-97 with his cigar in his mouth.  Airman whispers to Col. "Dutch" Holland (Jimmy Stewart), "The general's cigar!  Does he want that airplane to burn?" Replies the colonel, "It wouldn't dare!"  Heard that story multiple times. :lol:

Archived