SASS Wire Forum

It's Official

I'm now retired.  :)

Yesterday was my last official day of going to work. 

To top it off, it was also my Birthday.

Freedom has never felt so good.

The rest of my life now will be to forever continue to be devoted to my lovely wife who had my back all these working years.

Congratulations, Cool Gun. That’s most excellent. :D

I am very happy for you. May you enjoy every day and may you and your wife have the times of your lives. 

Great News! Now they pay you not to work. Monday will fell great.

Congratulations! Now start living the rest of your life. 

I have been retired 21 years and it has been wonderful. Took me all of 1 day to get used to it. 

I hope you the best at your new lifestyle.   

Some people can't make the transition.  They often go get another job because they can't find enough activity to fill their day. 

I took early retirement from my office job at 55 as soon as I was eligible.  We were already running a home based mom and pop business.  I went from 6 weeks of vacation,  12 holidays, sick days, and benefits to 24-7 and if you don't work, you don't eat.   People would ask, "How does it feel to be retired?".  It 65, we closed down our business and retired for good. I tell people that we're seriously retired.  

We tend to travel and shop between rush hours Monday through Friday. Stay pretty much at home on Saturdays and Sundays.  

Congrats! Happy Birthday. Enjoy.

I'm coming up on 3yrs being retired, at the end of March. It is truly all it's cracked up to be.

6 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Well done.  Retired since 2013 and I’m still enjoying sleeping late!  :)

Same here.  I retired on my birthday in 2013, and I enjoyed my job, but not as much as retirement.

1. Love sleeping late and taking my time getting ready for the day.
  2. Feel like I'm on vacation still.
  3. Job was Monday thru Friday.  Sunday evenings are now more relaxing.  Not spinning up for the next week.
  4. More time to spend with my favorite person--my wife.
  5. Can come and go anytime without worry.
  6. Don't worry about staying up too late.
  7. Have more time for my hobbies.
  8. Learn new hobbies.  Mine was cooking.
  9. Free to live anywhere I want.  In my case, I told the wife, "You've been following me throughout my careers.  Now I'll go where you want."
  10. Very little stress.
  11. Feel better and healthier.
  12. ....and the list goes on.

Marcellus Drilling News

Congratulations!!! Now you’ll have to find something to do.

Congrats. Early retirement was the best decision I ever made. Hope your decision works out the same for you, it will be a different lifestyle. Be open to it and enjoy. 
Jim. 

Congratulations, you made it.  Now relax a little and do the things you've always wanted to but never had the time.  I retired at 55 and took up woodturning.  Bought a giant lathe and jointed a woodturning club.  It's quite a learning curve but it's a great way to pass a pandemic.  I also bought a camper and we travel to a bunch of Cowboy shoots throughout the year.  It's been 5 years and it seems like I just retired last week.  Time will go by fast.

Archived