SASS Wire Forum

Interesting - did not know the 3D printing had developed to the point of printing durable semi-auto receivers.

Raylan

And the technology is getting better all the time.

These idiots need to realize there is no way to enforce the regulation of inanimate objects. A solid block of steel or aluminum could easily be a firearm receiver, for cryin' out loud! if you really want to curb crime, then enforce the regulation of criminal acts. it certainly worked back in the 1890s.

6 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

These idiots need to realize there is no way to enforce the regulation of inanimate objects. 

I think the idea is not to 'regulate inaminate objects', but more to regulate human behavior in regard to manufacture, ownership, and use of such objects.

There are lots of ways to enforce that.

Unfortunately said humans aren't as dumb as these regulators are. Countless AR-15 "ghost" receivers exist with fake manufacturer names and serial numbers on them. You'd have to be psychic to be able to tell which ones actually have a pedigree. ATF did go after at least one company that was putting realistic-looking Colt markings on customer receivers, but they appear to be losing the game of whack-a-mole.

This is becoming a pizz poor excuse for a government when they all run about trying to appease “activists”. The ATF is concerned because activists are concerned? Please! 
And these 3D printed guns are a f’ing smoke screen, just like illegal guns bought at gun shows. There isn’t one 3D gun out there that can handle repeated use and they sure as hell aren’t accurate or reliable, but I guess that doesn’t matter to soccer moms, bitter lesbians and emasculated men that stare at CNN in horror every night getting their brains handed to them. 

I would go on but why?...I am going to bed. 

Saturday Night Special

Assault Weapon

Ghost Gun

Getting The Picture Yet? LOL

Buzzwords. Hyperbole. Blahblahblah. The media and our politicos love them. One thing to remember;

NONE of their hype means less crime. It is a means to an end that the "masses" will easily digest and nod their heads in assent "yeah, that bad, we should do something...please Mr politician, save me from the (insert stupid term of the week here)" Unlike Pat, I'm up early, not up late so I'm not crabby yet :D:D:P

What is their end? Disarm America. None of this has ANYTHING to do with crime or safety. It is solely to end the private ownership of firearms in our country. Free people have arms. Slaves do not. That is what they wish to make of us. If nothing else, the last year most particularly should have convinced even the dimmest lib of where they are going. Eventually.

So what is a "ghost gun"?

First, some basic definitions. Some firearms made before 1968 don't have a serial number. It wasn't required They were and still are, legal. Can a person "make" a firearm for their personal use, not for resale? Yes. It doesn't have to have a serial number. (it is reccomended to have one however) If a firearm is manufactured for commercial sale it HAS to have a unique serial# and of course, all the nice little records that go with that. All a "ghost gun" is, is a firearm receiver that is only 80 percent finished. The buyer completes the last 20 percent of milling, drilling and such. Add some parts, couple love taps with a ball peen hammer and SHAZZAM, you got you a working firearm, all nice and legal in most states.

That, is all it is.

In WWII we made a sheet metal non-rifled barreled pistol called the Liberator. Surviving examples today are worth $$$. Back then they cost a couple bucks to make and we dropped them by the thousands behind enemy lines. The idea being some partisan would use it to pop one into a german when he was looking the other way and take HIS rifle. Now, I have a REAL fighting tool. HO-HO-HO LOL.

Today, this is not that. Hobbyists have been tinkering and modifying their "stuff" for decades. Cars, trucks, guns, airplanes, all sorts of cool stuff is out there. Very little of it is used in crime. which is a criminal more likely to use? A "kit" he has to put together, assuming he has the basic skills to do so and also remembering that most criminals are dirt dumb stupid AND lazy....no. They're gonna buy a roscoe offa Johnny-da-burglar and move on. Or steal one themselves.

SO... all of this ruckus is over nothing. They just need to have everything registered, traceable so when the time comes...you know where that leads.

There are 3d printers that will print in metal now.  Problem for the home builder is they are expensive.  Cheaper just to buy a mill and make them from aluminum or steel.   

honestly the hardest part to make yourself as a builder is the barrel.  Making a good rifled barrel from bar stock is beyond the capabilities of most tinkerers.   However it is pretty easy to use an existing barrel and repurpose it.  

Howdy,

About not posting....

The gun grabbers dont read this because they dont NEED to read this.

They just MAKE UP their so called facts and dont care how accurate they are.

I had similar concerns back when the www was NEW.

And was told this by the prez of the Varmint Hunters outfit.

That was over 20 years ago and I still think he was right.

btw we were discussing stupid things seen while hunting....

And I was the one with your comment.....word for word iirc.

Best

CR

I sure miss varminting.... back wont allow......

maybe we need a 

gun grabbers dont need facts   t shirt???

Profits to whoever runs against...oops there I go gittin pollyticktick tical.....

12 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

These idiots need to realize there is no way to enforce the regulation of inanimate objects. A solid block of steel or aluminum could easily be a firearm receiver, for cryin' out loud! if you really want to curb crime, then enforce the regulation of criminal acts. it certainly worked back in the 1890s.

This isn't about facts or logic.  It's about emotions, getting votes and the desire to control people.

"...What is their end? Disarm America. None of this has ANYTHING to do with crime or safety. It is solely to end the private ownership of firearms in our country. Free people have arms. Slaves do not. That is what they wish to make of us. If nothing else, the last year most particularly should have convinced even the dimmest lib of where they are going. Eventually...."

absolutely this is their desire and the reasons for everything they are doing , 

"..This isn't about facts or logic.  It's about emotions, getting votes and the desire to control people..."

and this is the motivation that keeps them moving toward it , 

i think we need to STOP the killing of innocent babies before they are born or as they are about to be , why are these lives worth so little to those worried about our guns , compare the numbers ....just sayin 

When I was a child, one of our neighbours was an old British career soldier, who had served in the Boer War, the Indian Frontier, Afghanistan etc.

He told of Lee Enfield rifles, "recaptured" from tribesmen, that when placed back in the racks to be re-issued, were later found to bear the same serial numbers, rack numbers and other markings as rifles previously "recaptured"

These were locally made firearms, made by "uneducated, illiterate" gunsmiths, working with hand-tools and no idea of what the purpose was of the serial numbers, proof marks or rack numbers on the original rifle, so they copied them all. 

So well did they copy the rifle that "recaptured" copied Lee Enfields passed examination of armourers and their bona fides were only questioned when several other rifles with the same serial numbers and markings were discovered.

That was in the 1890s, using files and other hand tools.

Imagine what is being done today with modern equipment, by people all around the world, where, "We have banned firearms!"

No morons.

You only banned them from the law-abiding.

Archived