SASS Wire Forum

WTC: A MISS cannot cause a P

Thanks Branchwater, I would've called it wrong due to intent. Not figuring he would miss the right target to the left of the left target. Nice explanation.

Clear and concise explanation and presentation. Well done. Thank you! :D

On 3/27/2021 at 2:50 PM, Eyesa Horg said:

Thanks Branchwater, I would've called it wrong due to intent. Not figuring he would miss the right target to the left of the left target. Nice explanation.

Speaking of how our perceptions can cloud our judgement, I encourage you to go back an re-watch the part of the video showing the engagement of the targets. This time, watch it without the audio. Would your interpretation of the shooter's intent change if you found out that they engaged the right target first?

8 minutes ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

I ain't believing it until I see " I'm Pale Wolf Brunelle, and I approve this message." :P

I'm sure there are quite a few people who would agree with you.

Of course, @PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L might have better things to do with his time...

54 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Speaking of how our perceptions can cloud our judgement, I encourage you to go back an re-watch the part of the video showing the engagement of the targets. This time, watch it without the audio. Would your interpretation of the shooter's intent change if you found out that they engaged the right target first?

From the flow chart, it does not matter. Dudley Do Wrong hit the targets (once he got hits) in the right order, so three misses and done.

But... The instructions were to start from either end. What if the instruction was to start with the left target... 10 misses?

And on 3rd edit, how would Polly Procedural do on this stage? :lol:

40 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

From the flow chart, it does not matter.

Exactly!

40 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

But... The instructions were to start from either end. What if the instruction was to start with the left target... 10 misses?

If the instructions were to start on the left target, and the shooter started on the right, you would give them a P when round 4 hit the left target. In your stated scenario, odds go on the left, evens go on the right. And since he missed the first three targets, 3 misses.

Where do you get 10 misses?

The only reasons to give a shooter a MISS for hitting a target would be:

SHB pg 21

Each target hit with an incorrect firearm – either intentionally or by mistake. 

Each target hit with illegally acquired ammunition.

1 hour ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

I ain't believing it until I see " I'm Pale Wolf Brunelle, and I approve this message." :P

59 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

I'm sure there are quite a few people who would agree with you.

Of course, @PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L might have better things to do with his time...

Message and video APPROVED ;)
Excellent presentation!

11 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Where do you get 10 misses?

Tried the video, too much Tequila at the moment.

As to where I got 10 misses as a perception... for the record. Hopefully helpful to you to understand where confusion comes from...

1  Miss should have hit left

2 Miss should have hit right

3 Miss should have hit left

4 hit on left so miss on right? (This is where the procedural comes in?)

5 hit on right so miss on left

6 and so on...

10 so ten misses total. (or the procedural at round 4 somehow creates a "reset"?)

I'll look additional linked video and flow chart again. Thanks for trying to help me understand the scoring. But that will be tomorrow after the Tequila wears off.

A MISS is defined as the failure to hit the appropriate target type using the appropriate type of firearm...

SHB p.21

By definition, HITS on RIFLE targets with RIFLE shots are NOT misses.

HITTING the RIFLE targets "out of order" with the RIFLE = PROCEDURAL.

48 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Tried the video, too much Tequila at the moment.

I'll look additional linked video and flow chart again. Thanks for trying to help me understand the scoring. But that will be tomorrow after the Tequila wears off.

Having admitted to the offense of "PUI" (Posting Under the Influence), you are hereby sentenced to 6 months probation.
Any further violations during the probationary period will result in your being placed on the "IGNORE" list. :ph34r:

Archived