SASS Wire Forum

New member needs guns

Howdy, partners. 
Name’s Elmer McCurdy. #110956. 
Just joined SASS

Got me a shotgun and a rifle coming, but can’t get revolvers for love nor money.

looking to find someone out there who is getting out of CAS and selling a pair of revolvers.

perfect first choice are Ruger Vaquero Bisleys in .357 but will take pretty much what I can get 

Thanks a bunch

I have a pair of Uberti cattleman blue/case harden color in 357 and a holster rig I am getting ready to list if your interested. 

I have a pair of  Uberti Evil Roy's in 357 that I could part with. Only shot a little at the range due to a recent elbow surgery so practically brand new.  4 3/4" barrels. Message me if interested and I can get you some pics.

Wow.  You just started it cas.  I was going to go classic cowboy with .45s until I had shoulder surgery. 
what do you need for the Evil Roy’s?

34 minutes ago, Elmer McCurdy said:

Wow.  You just started it cas.  I was going to go classic cowboy with .45s until I had shoulder surgery. 
what do you need for the Evil Roy’s?

I will PM you some pics 

I don't have a pair but I do have a solo bisley. 357 ss 5 1/2" if your interested

Thanks for the offer, Evil Dogooder, but I need two to compete.  
if yours is tuned, I can see if someone comes up with another one.  I’ll keep you in mind. The Ruger Bisley is what I really want, but I ain’t holding my breath for new ones. 

I have a pair of Uberti El Patron that are match ready lighten springs and timing is done. Lightened the trigger pull . 4 5/8 barrels 357mag checkered grips. $1100 for the pair +shipping to your ffl

Sounds good.  I’m not new to guns or buying them, but I am new to private sales long distance. Tried to buy some Evil Roy’s from Robin Gold but can’t seem to get the logistics together.  
My FFL says the guns have to come from another FFL but Robyn can’t get one to ship her pieces to him. 
have you done this before and know how to get’er done?

Elmer McCurdy #110956

Find another FFL that will accept guns from an individual.  FFL to FFL shouldn't be a problem either, just some either won't do it because of the hassle and they don't make much on the deal. 

PM me if interested My LGS has a pair of Taylor's Smoke Wagons with the 1860 grips (the larger ones) One is factory slicked up and the other is not slicked up. I think you can get both for about $1300.00

6 hours ago, Elmer McCurdy said:

Sounds good.  I’m not new to guns or buying them, but I am new to private sales long distance. Tried to buy some Evil Roy’s from Robin Gold but can’t seem to get the logistics together.  
My FFL says the guns have to come from another FFL but Robyn can’t get one to ship her pieces to him. 
have you done this before and know how to get’er done?

Elmer McCurdy #110956

Your FFL is wrong. 

Wal, shoot. 
how much do you need for them?  
got any other info?  I assume they are tuned. 
I’m willing to meet pretty much anywhere in that area.  Going to the Travelers Rest shoot next weekend with some guys from my regular shooting club. 
let me know what’s up and maybe we can meet whenever you’d like. I’m retired so can go whenever you’re free 

Not used to this mode of communicating.  Please bear with me.

Bo Dacious, 

yes, am interested in the Bisleys. Tuned?  How old?  What barrel length?  What finish/grips?

Elmer

Elmer , just in case you haven't used the PM function , go to Bo Dacious' post , hold your curser right under his avatar , and it will open place to message him direct.

PM = Personal Message.

If you know all this already , excuse me for butting in. Just trying to help.

Rex :D

3 hours ago, Elmer McCurdy said:

Not used to this mode of communicating.  Please bear with me.

Bo Dacious, 

yes, am interested in the Bisleys. Tuned?  How old?  What barrel length?  What finish/grips?

Elmer

I too am retireded and most days I make my own schedule.

I live in Greer SC, so I am probably closer to Dark Corners than you are. I don't think Fancy Filly will be shooting next Sunday as it is Easter. 

Just PMed My number, give me a call.

Elmer, when I decided on my 5th and final set of main match guns, I went to Great Western Piettas. I've got to cut back on shooting now due to age and ill health. I have a pair of GW IIs in stainless, 5 1/2" 38/357s. The  action job was by Nate Kiowa Jones. They have Rosewood Gunfighter Grips from Eagle Grip and I have the original poly ivory.  I have trouble posting pictures on the Internet, but if you PM me, I'll send whatever you want for pis. 

On 3/28/2021 at 9:55 PM, Bo Dacious said:

I don't think Fancy Filly will be shooting next Sunday as it is Easter. 

FALSE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

We ARE shooting on Sunday at Moonshine even though it's Easter!!!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/480098196200672/?ref=share

See you there!!!!

Stitcher

On 3/28/2021 at 9:55 PM, Bo Dacious said:

I too am retireded and most days I make my own schedule.

I live in Greer SC, so I am probably closer to Dark Corners than you are. I don't think Fancy Filly will be shooting next Sunday as it is Easter. 

Just PMed My number, give me a call.

Watch out Elmer, these guns have probably never been shot using the sights. Bo shoots Outlaw.....pretty damn good too.:lol:

Everyone who has responded to my need for handguns; thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

I have bought guns from Buffalo Sam Peed.  Ain’t got the guns yet but I’ve got my rig on order and am planning my gun cart.  
should be able to shoot a match by the end of April/ early Mayif everything comes together.  

thanks again and hope to see you all out on the range.

Elmer McCurdy.

It's my turn to be the Fine New Guy who's looking for pistols in the 38/357.  My question is as a new cowboy action shooter will gun quality make a huge difference when starting out? When I was a bowler I used house balls until I hit a decent average and had good habits then went for the fancy custom ball.  Should I start out with store-bought Piettas with stiff hammers and triggers to build up strength and dexterity and then move to a race-slicked set of vaqueros?  Right now I'm practicing with Heritage Arms 22s to get better at draw to sight picture and hammer pulling without yanking the front sight into the next county.   With the 22s, an 1894 Marlin, a single barrel H&R 12 ga I'm measuring my times poking holes in 12 pizza boxes in the minutes.  It's tough trying to break 4 decades of hunting target practice.

Are any of the previously offered sets still available?

4 minutes ago, Professor Lefty said:

It's my turn to be the Fine New Guy who's looking for pistols in the 38/357.  My question is as a new cowboy action shooter will gun quality make a huge difference when starting out? When I was a bowler I used house balls until I hit a decent average and had good habits then went for the fancy custom ball.  Should I start out with store-bought Piettas with stiff hammers and triggers to build up strength and dexterity and then move to a race-slicked set of vaqueros?  Right now I'm practicing with Heritage Arms 22s to get better at draw to sight picture and hammer pulling without yanking the front sight into the next county.   With the 22s, an 1894 Marlin, a single barrel H&R 12 ga I'm measuring my times poking holes in 12 pizza boxes in the minutes.  It's tough trying to break 4 decades of hunting target practice.

I’d be happy to help get you outfitted. 

7 hours ago, Professor Lefty said:

@John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 will steer you right. And yes, learning[and un-learning] new style does take time. And remember that the Piettas and Ubertis can be slicked up beautifully too. See what fits your hand best by trying different grips and styles.

Archived