SASS Wire Forum

Shot after effects...affects?

Chili Ron

Howdy,

I got the first c19 shot that starts with M. on Wednesday.

Very well organized and no pain on injection.

Waited and left all is fine.

I had a terrible time sleeping that night.

I did usual exercises fine.

Started feeling achy. Did laundry and other chores ok.

Another night of poor sleep.

Still achy.

Not real bad sorta like half a hangover.....

Beats the heck out of having a ventilator in my throat for sure.

ymmv.

Best

CR

I got the Moderna shot Tuesday evening. Felt slight ache in my arm, but barely noticeable. Just enough to know it was there and it lasted until Thursday. Not uncomfortable, just enough to notice. Also, felt just a little bit dragged down on Wednesday, again not bad but just enough to notice. Feel fine today.

Got the first shot (Moderna) a few weeks ago after the pleading of a good friend who caught C19 and is in really bad shape after being healthy as a horse his whole life, bad lung problems and brain fog, didnt think he was going to make it but he survived, so hard to see him like this. I will get the second shot the first of next month, the first one gave me a sore spot at the injection site for a day, hardly noticeable, I hear the second one can give some folks a reaction it varys with the person.  SCJ

I had the Moderna 1st shot on the 18th. I get the second one on Tax Day. 
I had a little soreness where they gave me the injection but I haven’t noticed any other side effects other than the X-ray vision. :D

What everyone is describing for the Moderna vaccine is typical.  And for some, those reactions are bit stronger on the second shot.  The Pfizer vaccine reaction is similar.  That's not surprising since they're both mRNA vaccines.  The viral vector J&J vaccine takes a little longer to build immunity in your system, but it's one and done, and it doesn't seem to have as many common side effects.  They've been using it extensively in our area without little issue.  My wife and I got our J&J shot two weeks ago and had zero side effects from it.

Got the first shot if Pfizer last week, nothing but a sore arm. Going for #2 April 13

Moderna 1st shot:  No side effects.

Moderna 2nd shot:  Nothing day of injection.  Next day, some soreness at injection site, mild body aches, and weariness during the day, but aches and weariness gone by evening.  Right as rain the following day.  Wife had similar experience.

Yesterday marked two weeks since 2nd injection.  Wife and I are now considered fully inoculated and we're very happy with that.  We plan on now starting to have friends that are fully inoculated over for dinner.  Means a lot to us.

Had a bit of the chills the evening after the second shot. Not bad. Felt fine next morning.

Have had my first Moderna, due for second after Apr. 16th. A little sore in that arm for  couple days, otherwise nada. Wife got her first the same day, different place, Phizer.She didn't notice anything as that arm is sore to begin with.:blush::blush:

First Moderna shot was this past Wed. No trouble on Wed .Yesterday afternoon started feeling sluggish, achy and then fever set in.  Rest of yesterday I was cooked. Feel fine today. Although, take all that with a giant grain of salt. I had the Covid infection in late Jan., so I was already toting antibodies in my system. They didn't like the injection.   

I got the J&J shot in the morning and had some joint stiffness about 12 hours later.  I was fine the next morning.  Arm was a little sore for a day or two but nothing to really complain about.   

My wife got the Phizer shot and felt kind of crappy after the 2nd shot but it wore off and she was out cutting grass the next day.

Had the second Moderna injection this afternoon. Muscle and joint pain and it’s not 7:30 yet and I’m ready for bed. Compared to the muscle and joint pain I had with covid-19 this is nothing.

Had the first Pfizer on 2/22, very mild sore injection site on the first and second day.   Get the second on April Fools day??!

5 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Had the second Moderna injection this afternoon. Muscle and joint pain and it’s not 7:30 yet and I’m ready for bed. Compared to the muscle and joint pain I had with covid-19 this is nothing.

Hang in there Yul, I hope that’s the extent of the reaction, my daughter had the same symptoms. SCJ

7 hours ago, Ozark Shark said:

What everyone is describing for the Moderna vaccine is typical.  And for some, those reactions are bit stronger on the second shot.  The Pfizer vaccine reaction is similar.  That's not surprising since they're both mRNA vaccines.  The viral vector J&J vaccine takes a little longer to build immunity in your system, but it's one and done, and it doesn't seem to have as many common side effects.  They've been using it extensively in our area without little issue.  My wife and I got our J&J shot two weeks ago and had zero side effects from it.

Well we will be all ready to go for land run then! Look forward to seeing you again! SCJ

12 hours after 2nd Moderna, came down with nasty head cold feeling and achy.  5 or 6 hours Ok again.     Alls well again       GW

Minor arm discomfort at shot site and several days of being tired with first Moderna shot, wife had similar symptoms. Hard to tell about the tiredness since I enjoy a nap most any day. :rolleyes:

2nd shot: very sore arm in the evening when I went to bed. Woke up at midnight and couldn't sleep. Shot a match the next day and was wore out by the time we finished, but could have been due to lack of sleep and it was freaking hot.

Woke up at 2:00am with body aches so bad I couldn’t sleep. I got the injection in the left arm but my right arm and shoulder are extremely painful, it hurts to type this. It’s close to the covid-19 body and joint ache level.

48 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Woke up at 2:00am with body aches so bad I couldn’t sleep. I got the injection in the left arm but my right arm and shoulder are extremely painful, it hurts to type this. It’s close to the covid-19 body and joint ache level.

Might want to consult your physician.

11 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Okay! I need help. Yesterday, a friend asked me if I was allergic to any drugs. For the first time, I thought about this, DUH! 

I've had allergic reactions to NSAIDs and Penicillin. Does that count?

BTW, I've never had a flu shot.

You’re probably okay but ask your doctor first.

7 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Okay! I need help. Yesterday, a friend asked me if I was allergic to any drugs. For the first time, I thought about this, DUH! 

I've had allergic reactions to NSAIDs and Penicillin. Does that count?

BTW, I've never had a flu shot.

Yes.  Also, those allergies should be listed on your medical profile.  I don't think Penicillin is used much anymore, but you never know when some medic will give you a shot.  If you have had/are getting Covid shots, you should get a seasonal flu shot.

Just got up from a nap and the pain has subsided substantially. My right arm and shoulder are nearly back to normal and the only real pain is in the lower back and kidney area but that is not near like it was. It’s been 20+ hours since the injection and according to my doctor within 24 hours of the injection any reactions should have run their course, so things are looking up.

Things are back to normal this morning, all muscle and joint pain gone. Would I have the injections again? YES!!!

First shot three weeks ago.  36 hours of flu like symptoms, with shot location pain.  Felt like I'd been slugged in the bicep.  

Second shot next Wednesday.  Hope I do better with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Did get my second shot the 1st of this month (Moderna) had no side effects, if I touched the injection site I could feel a little tenderness but that was it. Was a little worried about getting sick but thank the good Lord he let me slide!  SCJ

My oldest daughter got her second Moderna injection on Thursday and came down with virtually the same reaction that I did, slight fever and bad body and joint aches. It lasted about 24 hours.

Got the 1st Pfizer shot last week.

Hours later my arm felt like I got punch buggied.

The morning after my energy was rock bottom.  Not sure if that was due to the shot, or due to poor sleep I had for a few days.

Got my 1st,  Pfizer,  on March 30, about 15:00.  Felt fine.  Took my evening meds about 1900, an hour later was vomiting. 

Got up the next day,  took my medications,  an hour later started feeling cruddy,  went to work,  left after 2 hours.   Started feeling better by late afternoon.   Took my evening medications,  you guessed it. 

When I go in for my 2nd shot I'm not going to take my medications that day or the day after.

Archived