SASS Wire Forum

What is the trigger guard prop thingies called???

Cholla

What is the prop seen in this photo called? 

IMG_1003.JPG

I wanna know more about the gun! :D

I can't see the whole thing, but I'm pretty sure that is a genuine do hickey. If the other end has a 10k gold plated ring 3/4 inch wide that would signify it was made by native craftsmen in the middle east. Those are not do hickies, but rather thingamabobs.

1 hour ago, Dantankerous said:

I wanna know more about the gun! :D

I snagged this from a post by @RIDGE WALKER. It's his gun.

Thanks for everyone's "help". I did a search for gun prop and as you can imagine I got a million hits on fake guns. It's kind of like when my teenage son was trying to find the website for Dick's Sporting Goods and did a search for Dick's... You can imagine the look on his face when he saw the results!

Sorry, was a little distracted by the gun, I didn't notice anything else in the picture...

At Cimarron, we started using wooden dowels, with the medallion glued to the end.  Then they had some company cut up the clear rods (Delrin maybe?) in different sizes and we glued the medallions to those, but we still called them dowels.

6 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

I have several of the EXACT (almost) same thing.  Mine are All Brass and are marked 12GA Magtech.  they have several uses.  :D 

I was going to say almost the same thing. 

In my gun shop, in the showcases - we call them shotgun shells.

ill admit if i paid that for one or more of them i would use them , but a shotgun shell , screw driver , pocket knife would suffice for my needs , im not a professional photographer nor am i inclined to advertise for anyone lest they pay me - fat chance of that - as it is ive used the alternatives so far 

Nah.  None of that "other" 'spensive stuff.  Shiny All Brass 12Ga Hull (loaded of course) looks plenty trix and after the photo you can SHOOT IT!!  Try that with one of them plastic thingies wid a medallion stuck onnit you betcha. 

Archived