SASS Wire Forum

The next two weeks are gonna be brutal...

Sixgun Sheridan

Well I shot it today to see how well it runs. Only 50 rounds of Federal JSP as I don't have much .45LC on hand. Aside from shooting a few inches high it seemed pretty accurate, buggered rifling notwithstanding. I had also noticed some lands were shallower than others, so they must've used a badly worn-out broach on this one. Despite that it shot pretty well out of my hands, which is saying something (despite my moniker I actually suck at shooting sixguns). However I struggled to open the action to unload it each time, like it was seized up. I guess I have a long laundry list of things to have them check once I send it back.

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

However I struggled to open the action to unload it each time, like it was seized up. 

Make sure the extractor rod did not back out a little. It has happened on my Schofields so I use a little loctite on it when I reassemble it.

If it is too tight to open, you might be able to spin the cylinder to tighten the extractor rod / extractor.

I don't know about the Uberti, but the S&W extractor rod is left hand thread.

Sixgun, I am really sorry to hear you’re having problems with your new gun. I hope they will fix it for you and expediently. 

Beretta owns Uberti. I did a search to find out what Quality Control program they use. I figure it’s that ISO-9000 program. I found a link that said:

“What is ISO-9000?

The beginner’s guide to Quality Management Systems Standards” and I thought to myself “No $#!¥, ‘beginners’ is right.”

Edit: I didn’t find any concrete answers on Beretta’s or Uberti’s QC programs. 

Archived